- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Design Engineer
BAE Systems are currently seeking Electrical Design Engineers to work on the new nuclear deterrent Submarine, Dreadnought.
BAE Systems are currently recruiting Electrical Design Engineers/ Electrical Designers/ Electrical Draughtsman on a contract basis to work on Royal Navy Submarine projects out of Barrow (Cumbria), specifically on the design and build of the new nuclear deterrent, Dreadnought.
- Electrical Design across various areas of the Submarine projects, this could be updating existing designs or creating new. The software used is Foran, this can be trained if not used before.
- 2D and 3D design.
- 5+ years' experience in design, with experience working within Defence, Maritime, Nuclear Power or Oil and Gas.
- Detailed and proven knowledge and industry experience with 2 or more of the following: Foran, AutoCAD/ Inventor, Solidworks, CATIA V5 or any other established industry design software.
Working for BAE Systems
- 37 hour per week standard contract, with opportunities for overtime.
- Although this contract is for 6 months, extensions are possible with projects running for years at a time.
- Established and reputable employer.
- Lunchtime finish on a Friday if longer hours are worked within the week.
- SC Clearance required prior to starting. This can take up to 3 months to process. This also means you must be a UK National and born in the UK to apply. You must hold no dual or relinquished nationalities due to ITAR regulations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.