- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Assembly Team Leader
With the introduction of new shifts, opportunities have arisen for our client to bring in 2-3 new Assembly Leaders as their automotive engine production increases.
* Assist group leader (G/L) to manage daily production in engine build unit.
* Follow safe working practices at all times and ensure other team members to do the same, including correct use of PPE. Submit incident reports and improvement suggestions in line with company systems.
* Oversee completion of pre-shift checks, TPM, 5S and Standard Work Overchecks
* Complete the manning board daily and ensure break times are adhered to
* Plan and implement team member training and associated records to maintain versatility and team development
* Respond to Andon calls and take appropriate actions to correct/manage problems, reporting status and issues in line with the Production Escalation procedure.
* Ensure team members are following standardised work
* Monitor stock of parts and call shortages to logistics
* Support Group Leader by covering some delegated tasks as required due to absence.
* Compile accurate daily OEE records and shift summary.
* Ensure all relevant build and quality records are completed (QMA entries correctly input, build records scanned, BAAN/MRP system updated).
* Support continuous improvement and problem solving activities with relevant production knowledge
* Support NPI activities, including Team Member training and feedback on readiness and suitability of new or modified facilities and processes.
* Clear demonstration of management and leadership skills, able to lead by example with some experience in coaching others
* Experienced manufacturing team member (automotive assembly and or engine experience preferred but not essential).
* Proven leader with strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and to representatives of support functions
* Comfortable working in a production environment, under pressure to maintain delivery plans
Qualifications, Training, Knowledge and Experience expected:
* Automotive and assembly experience an advantage.
* Good working knowledge of lean manufacturing systems and techniques
* Demonstrated experience of delivering production targets
* Shift work
* Full UK driving licence
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.