- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Commissioning Engineer
Our client is looking for 2 Prinicpal Commissioning Engineers for a 12 month contract in Reading. To be considered for this role you must hold live SC Clearance
Candidates must hold live SC Clearance for this role.
* Level 4 Qualification (e.g. HNC) preferred but 'commissioning specific' experience may be considered in lieu of qualification.
* IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
* CSCS/ECS Affiliated cards (in date) in specific discipline
* Member of institution (IET etc.) preferred Security Clearance Requirements
* SC or DV - Mandatory for access to site Experience requirements - Preferred Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Electrical & Instrumentation and Control Systems commissioning experience
* Experience in the nuclear industry
* Previous site experience (nuclear)
* AWE experience
* Conversant with Siemens S7 and Simocode, WinCC, Profibus and PICS software packages
* For Electrical Commissioning Engineers only - 18th Edition IEE Regulations (Electrical)
* Be familiar with commissioning procedures for TCA's, Fob's (or CR's) and handover.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
* Supervision of the Commissioning technicians under their direct responsibility.
* Adherence to the agreed Commissioning Quality Management System and ensuring that the commissioning team members correctly apply procedures, codes and standards to commissioning activities.
* Interface with the Client team and other project disciplines (Design Engineering, Training, Procurement, Quality Assurance, Construction, Operations and Maintenance)
* Functional inputs to Commissioning Deliverables.
* Day to day progress monitoring and reporting.
* Input to, production and checking of Commissioning Documentation (including Test Documentation, Commissioning Reports).
* Assisting the Commissioning Team Leader in the identification of the Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) requirements - approval of vendor test documentation, witnessing of vendor testing, approval of vendor test results where required.
* Responsible for production and checking of the Commissioning Test Documentation.
* Ensuring that all mandatory test pre-requisites are in place
* Carry out Risk Assessment and produce Safe Systems of Work
* Responsible for the execution of commissioning tests to schedule.
* Responsible for the satisfactory completion of all commissioning execution records and results and control of all raw data associated with the tests they carry out.
* Review and acceptance of completed test records.
* Compilation and review of Commissioning LTQR packages
* Provision of discipline specific subject matter expertise.
* Day to Day planning of commissioning execution activities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.