- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Engineering Manager
A large defence client is looking for a contract Project Engineering Manager to plan and manage the engineering effort within projects from a performance, schedule and cost perspective.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering Project, the Project Engineering Manager will contribute to the monthly engineering governance cycle through preparation of engineering status reports. Project Engineering Managers build strong relationships with Engineering Functional Leads to ensure the resourcing plans for their projects are realistic and any issues arising are resolved swiftly.
The role requires a candidate who is self-motivated and enthusiastic, with strong leadership and behavioural skills. The ability to foster and develop effective working relationships is key to ensure engineers perform to the levels required of the project. A strong commercial and business awareness is also essential to ensure that the engineering effort can be managed in the correct context for each given project.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Management of multi-disciplined engineering teams. Working closely with project managers, they are responsible for delivery of the overall engineering output on time, cost and performance budgets.
- Generating strong engineering plans, establishing key milestones and identifying risks, opportunities and interdependencies.
- Reviewing the current engineering position within a project, and adapting plans as required, to mitigate risks to either cost, schedule or performance budgets.
- Preparation and communication of monthly engineering status reports for each of their assigned projects.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Educated to a degree level in an engineering-related subject (essential)
- Previous experience of managing and/or leading multi-disciplined engineering teams (essential)
- Strong understanding and proven track record of following engineering lifecycles and processes (essential)
- A strong understanding and experience of Electronic Warfare and communication technology (desirable)
- Experience of working within the defence industry (desirable)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.