- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineering Support Supervisor
Under the supervision of the Engineering Leadership Team (ELT), responsible for supervising the support functions and CAD systems to support the Engineering department.
Key Aims & Objectives
- Management of the Solidworks, PDM, Inventor and AutoCAD CAD systems to ensure their fitness for purpose for the business' requirements.
- Development of the recently installed Solidworks PDM system, to streamline and improve business operations.
- Provide Solidworks and PDM support and training to the Engineering and Projects teams.
- Line management/mentoring of the Aquila Mechanical Design apprentices and the apprenticeship programme.
- Line management of the Support Engineers (Draughtspersons, Commercial Team Engineers).
- Development of engineering support function to, to streamline and improve business operations.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Management of the Solidworks installation to ensure it is kept up to date and optimised for the business, working with the CAD re-sellers accordingly.
- Constant review of the Solidworks and PDM to ensure it is optimised and supports the requirements of the Aquila Integrated Management System. This will include the development of a robust drawings database; an efficient configuration control process; the incorporation of all technical documentation into PDM and the streamlined production of BOM's.
- Creation of standard operating procedures to introduce and develop consistent CAD techniques and rules across the engineering department. - Providing training internally as required.
- The immediate point of contact for engineers to solve day to day CAD issues and managing the interface with our CAD support company.
- Consulting with the ELT, supervision of the apprenticeship programme. This includes line management of mechanical engineering apprentices; liaising with their training coordinator (SETA, college, university); ensuring the Aquila apprenticeship training programme is up to date and fit for purpose; managing the apprentices tasking to projects to develop them and providing a mentoring role for their development.
- Line management of the 'Support Engineers', currently a Lead Draughtsman and a Mechanical Design Engineer who supports the Aquila Commercial Department. Working with the ELT, ensure their allocation to project and tendering activities is correctly coordinated and prioritised.
- Expansion/development of engineering support capabilities necessary to support the continued growth and development of Aquila.
- The ability to be a hands-on SolidWorks design and draughting asset when, required.
- Assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Engineering Department.
- An expert user of Solidworks and PDM, preferably with the following Solidworks certifications:
- o PDM Administrator Professional (CPAP) o Mechanical Design (CSWE-Mechanical Design)
- A track record in managing Solidworks and PDM systems within an engineering business environment. Experience in introducing PDM will be highly valued.
- Experience in managing and leading small teams of engineers and/or an apprenticeship programme.
- Concept, scheme, and detail design engineering experience.
- Experience working within highly regulated industry, preferably with experience within an ISO 9001 environment.
- Good reporting and communication skills to inform the ELT.
- Minimum of a Degree, HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Preferable experience from highly regulated industries.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.