- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join their business unit to deliver traffic improvement, bus priority and cycling schemes in the City of Southampton.
To manage and successfully deliver projects within the business.
To manage customer relationships, and retain customers by meeting and exceeding expectations.
What you'll be doing
As a Project Manager, your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team to deliver projects to time, cost, and quality targets and standards
- Ensure safety targets and standards are maintained
- Ensure sustainability targets are achieved
- Manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to manage expectations
- Ensure the Company and Divisional procedures and policies are followed by the relevant teams, i.e. the Business Management System, and the Projects gated governance procedures.
- Manage external consultants (e.g. design) to enable delivery - driving value, customer focus and achievement of the project's objectives
- Manage or input into any post completion issues to maintain a positive customer relationship and repeat business performance levels
- Ensure effective records are maintained and kept for project delivery
- Report periodically to Senior Management on project progress, risks and issues using robust reporting systems to meet the needs of the business
- Manage and deliver operational excellence and efficiency.
- Utilise BIM, where appropriate, to optimise project delivery, quality and drive safety.
- Understand the relevant Contract terms and conditions for each project
- Effectively execute business strategy - Customer Focussed First, Construction Excellence and Innovation.
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of CSUK's Sustainability activities
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- To manage and successfully deliver projects within the business.
- To manage customer relationships, and retain customers by meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Demonstrable previous experience of project management within the relevant industry.
- Proven ability to deliver complex projects ahead of programme, under budget and with zero defects.
- Experienced at working on multi stakeholder projects in highly political environments.
- Experienced in working with public sector organisations.
- The ability to communicate effectively is required to manage customer relationships, in addition to strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency.
- Proven experience of leading teams, and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets are required.
- Financial and commercial awareness is required to deliver targets, with a desire to continuously improve safety and sustainability performance.
- An appropriate and valid CSCS card is required.
- A relevant professional qualification, such as APMP, and a relevant technical qualification are desirable.
- Experience of Lean Construction principles and Lean practitioner training are desirable.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.