- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Innovations Engineer - Bespoke
We are actively seeking a creative individual, to work for our client, a luxury car company based in Chichester.
Start date: 1/03/21
The Bespoke Innovations engineer is an exciting new role.
Successful candidates will be responsible for the investigation of new technologies, materials, and processes to develop innovative and robust bespoke product solutions for the exterior and interior of the vehicle, that surpass our customer's expectations
The role will work alongside our innovations team made up of other mechanical and electrical engineers, as well as a team of highly skilled crafts men and women. Working together they take ideas from around the business from paper to a fully working prototype complete with detailed feasibility report.
Key accountabilities include:
- Seeking out innovative technologies and features that could implement in future Bespoke feature developments.
- Define technical Concepts and identify the extent of appropriate development activities in achieving a feasibility solution.
- Design, development, and approval responsibility for all Innovation vehicle content.
- Generation of packaging concept, BOM, Engineering specifications and engineering release for Innovations vehicle.
- Programme management of a collection of component developments.
- Generate and maintain development timing plans.
- Specify appropriate International Legal, Safety & Group standards in collaboration with CoC where appropriate
- Specify specific Quality standard requirements.
- Complete warranty risk assessments
- Manage Bespoke Feature development activities of external suppliers, and/or internal departments (e.g. Leathershop, Woodshop and Paintshop). Ensure prototype parts are produced & validated to defined testing regimes within agreed timelines.
- Collaborate with internal Workshops, Leathershop, Woodshop, Paintshop, Analysis departments in the development of component/system specifications.
- Ensure component validations and subsequent approvals are obtained by our suppliers and partners in preparation of Engineering release activities.
- Manage innovation and development activities at suppliers to ensure they deliver Bespoke Components on time, on budget and to the specified quality.
- A self-motivated individual with a Flexible approach to delivering Targets is sought
- Experience of Automotive Manufacturing processes and Tooling options, preferably low and high-volume facilities.
- Good CAD (Catia V5) competence.
- Extensive knowledge of international automotive relevant legislation
- IT Competence skills Essential, ideally with knowledge of Group Engineering systems (e.g. Tais, Prisma, DZA etc)
- Business/technical German language would be advantageous.
- Good Interpersonal Skills are a prerequisite to effectively manage and motivate a professional engineering team to deliver our defined often tight Bespoke business targets.
- Occasional travel is required to UK suppliers and Offices in Munich, Germany.
Some areas /experiences we would be interested in are
- Surface finishes (painted , fabrics, lacquers, printing)
- Carbon fibre production (both decorative as well as structural applications)
- integrated Lighting concepts (LED's , OLED, LCD)
- Automotive glazing
- Precious materials knowledge (silks, fabrics, wood, ceramics, precious metals (gold etc), textiles, )
- new material development
- Understanding of product validation and testing requirements
This is a long term contract opportunity, the project will run for a 5-10 year period.
Offering contracts on a PAYE or Umbrella basis.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.