- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electronic Design Engineer - Outside IR35
A leading Defence & Security Client has a new requirement for an Electronics Design Engineer for an initial 6 month contract. Due to the nature of this role, candidates must be eligible to gain UK Security Clearance
IR35 Status: Outside IR35 (Status Determination can be provided upon request)
Location: Due to the nature of this work, the role is based on-site with the client. Hours can be worked across Monday - Thursday
Security - Ideally candidates will hold a current SC Clearance already.
Skills and Experience Required:
* Ability to design, integrate and test electronic circuits
* Take responsibility for the design and overall quality of the hardware
* Documentation of design specifications and implementation details.
* Lead design reviews.
* Upholding of hardware design standards and methodologies.
* Realisation of complex multi-layer PCBs to include FPGAs, DDR memory, Ethernet interfaces, power supplies
* Responsibility for the complete implementation of detailed technical items and an understanding/appreciation of system level items.
* Flexibility is essential as specifications may not be fully defined at the start of development, and liaison with customers for continued feedback and input of requirements is likely throughout the development.
* Collaboration with other team members (including hardware, firmware, software, mechanical and PCB layout engineers) to agree system specifications, interfaces and protocols etc.
* Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal, to prove the correct operation of hardware.
* Provide support for the hardware and manage component obsolescence throughout its lifecycle.
* Monitoring and reporting of progress of development to immediate supervisor and development team.
* Use of Mentor Graphics schematic entry and review of PCB layout.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.