- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Global Customer Quality Manager
The Global Customer Quality manager is responsible for the ensuring the global organisation is supporting the customers quality requirements as well as developing the strategy to continuously improve in line with customer quality expectations.
This role is the key link between the customers/stakeholders and operations sites (both internal and onsite in customers). Accountable for developing methodology & behavioural aspects of quality to ensure the company is ahead of quality requirements, the role has a focus on driving reductions of operating cost through improved quality (reduction in defective parts, installation issues, process errors/inefficiency and warranty costs).
Key responsibilities are to lead the definition and development of operational methods, minimising manufacturing costs and lead times whilst maintaining specified quality levels and ensuring that a safe, repeatable method is implemented. In addition, the Global Customer Quality Manager is the escalation path for customers to address operational sites/regions quality challenges as well as challenges across divisions/entities.
This position is currently home based due to Covid restrictions.
As the role is global in scope, it will involve collaboration with colleagues in all regions internationally with some international travel once Covid restrictions are lifted and it is safe to travel abroad.
- Audits - Support customer audits ensuring customer centric focus including identification/execution of correct and preventative actions to achieve continuous improvement.
- Reporting - Manage global customer centric metrics. Develop Sensing methods in field/account teams to ensure accurate customer experience representation in global and regional metrics. Develop customer centric targets and measures for the service business and monitor the performance of the company against these.
- Improvement - Develop strategies and processes to ensure that total quality is promoted throughout the company.
- Issue Management -Manage customer escalations and potentially task force high priority projects from identification to effective closure. Establish, implement and enforce effective solutions globally as preventative measures for similar products, processes and locations.
- Customer - Represent the Company to customers for quality or reliability issues. Provide the voice of the customer for quality back into the operations. Key escalation point for customers for quality issues. Champion & set out customer satisfaction objectives to drive quality both product & service.
- Leadership - Provide functional accountability and responsibility to global Quality management and Failure Analysis management teams in both Service Operations and Customer Centres. Management expert on quality management and provide any necessary training and advice to global quality managers and staff to ensure that they pursue the objectives of total quality management and continuous improvement.
- NPI - To be the principle & lead for the service BU in ensuring that field data and service requirements are fed into the NPI program, resulting in a 'fit for purpose' launch that meets customers quality expectations.
The global customer quality manager is accountable to derive objectives and targets of Global Quality and Failure Analysis from each region in line with the the VOC, corporate Quality Policy and business objectives, supporting to achieve this.
To lead the product companies and regions in having procedures and standards which fulfil company goals for safety, quality, cost, delivery assuring that all local and company regulations are satisfied in terms of quality. This will be achieved by commitment to a continuous process of improvement and to responding proactively to our customers needs and expectations.
Skills and Requirements
- Degree level qualification in an Engineering/Quality discipline
- Over 10 years experience in a quality discipline
- Quality Statistical knowledge and experience
- BPI Knowledge of the Semi-conductor or related business is essential.
- Experience of operating internationally is essential
- Extensive experience of working with suppliers and customers
- Able to operate at senior level, including Director / ELT level
- Strong communication skills, organisational awareness and impact and
- Influencing skills are a prerequisite
- Project management skills
- Basic product technical knowledge.
- The ability to communicate at multiple levels within the organization across cultures is imperative
- ISO 9000
- Kaizen or Six Sigma
If you feel your skills match the requirements and are interested to find out more, please apply below and we will be in touch to discuss futher.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.