- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Based in Preston and reporting to the On-boarding Team Leader
The key focus of the On-boarding team is to create a positive experience where our new and existing employees feel informed and prepared for their transition either into the business or into a new team/role. The team works collaboratively with functional and operational teams across BAE Systems Plc to support the On-boarding pipeline.
Based in Preston and reporting to the On-boarding Team Leader, the On-boarding
Professional is responsible for supporting all candidates throughout the on-boarding lifecycle.
Supporting a number of activities from, verbal offer acceptance through to first day readiness. They will have a passion for providing a seamless, end-to-end on-boarding experience for both candidates and hiring managers.
- Providing timely/regular communications, ensuring candidates and hiring manager are effectively engaged and supported throughout the on-boarding cycle
- Providing a quality customer service, interacting with other teams involved in the onboarding cycle e.g. Payroll/Reward or Occupational Health/Security, answering enquires and escalating where appropriate
- Building and developing effective and collaborative relationships with colleagues and customers
- Providing advice and offering support with minimal supervision, following established methods and procedures, but on occasion judgement may need to be exercised * Attend and contribute to daily stand up meetings to review workload/priorities * Offer Management: o Production and provision of all candidate offer documentation
o Responsible for the gathering, processing of candidate paperwork, contracts. new starter forms and other agreements - personal data including salary/benefits/bank details
o Pre-placement Screening:
o Initiation of pre-screening processes, occupational health & security vetting o Monitoring progress & updating trackers/recruitment platform to measure cycle time
- On-boarding: o Support on-boarding activities for new starters including welcome calls, emails and the provision of on-boarding information
Updating candidate information on various systems * First Day Readiness: o Prepare/Initiate on-boarding e.g. IT accounts etc. access for new starters
o Participate and contribute to routine operational readiness activities o Provide candidates with day one information * Quality: o Ensuring procedures and policies are adhered to, including data protection and confidentiality guidelines
o Process documents - supporting and contributing to continuous improvements projects and implementation of new processes within the on-boarding team
o Ensuring all process maps and work instructions are maintained to a quality standard
o Working within set timeframes to meet deadlines, with great attention to detail
Typical knowledge, skills and qualification requirements
Essential / desirable
- Customer Service experience (E)
- Strong Administration background (E)
- Knowledge of HR administration (D)
- Proven work experience as an Administrator onboarding/mobilisation or similar role (D)
- Experience using an Applicant tracking system (D)
- Interpersonal, team working skills (E)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail (E)
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining the highest standards of accuracy (E)
- Hands-on experience with HR Systems (D)
- Experience managing
relationships with a variety of stakeholders across all levels (D)
- Basic IT skills, in particular MS Word and MS Excel
- Minimum 4 GCSE's (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.