- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
We are currently conducting maintenance on this area of the website, including the contractor portal for timesheets and payslips. We hope to have everything back up and running shortly and this should not affect any payment runs. Thank you for your patience.
Our client is seeking a Senior Estimator to join their team working on a Southern Water contract; the candidate must be flexible to travel across Hampshire when required.
Our client is large construction company providing 'source to sea' asset delivery capability across the UK and Scotland, working on both Frameworks and Standalone projects. The Senior Estimator will be required to complete competitive tendering of bids for projects and frameworks within our clients infrastructure business whilst hitting internal company targets.
- Managing and preparing accurate tenders from first principals for medium & large civil engineering projects
- Developing win strategy
- Actively engage and develop long term relationships with key supply chain organisations
- Coordination with Business Unit Operations and Technical Specialists
- Interacting with the wider business including procurement and engineering to maximise offering
- Constructively challenging the bid team to achieve the optimum solutions
- Generating commercial strategies to maximise chances of winning the project at sustainable rates;
- Developing innovative approaches where appropriate to differentiate the bid;
- Lead the implementation of risk management processes
- Identify opportunities for margin growth
- Lead detailed bid presentations
- Prepare submission documents in line with the bid and corporate requirement
- Participate in post tender interviews, presentations and negotiations with customers and ensure successful handover to delivery teams following award
- Maintain a knowledge of alternative technical solutions with a view to resolving bid issues through innovation
- Maintain awareness of current health, safety and environmental requirements and changes
- Collate targeted feedback on successful projects and provide feedback for future bids
- Establish and maintain data base of key relevant cost data
- Seek to drive continuous improvement in the Pre-Construction team and Estimating functions
- Form effective relationships with other team members with ability to lead with minimal direction
- Ideally you will be an experienced civil engineering estimator
- Experience of pricing from first principals on design & build, build only and joint venture tenders gained within the UK water industry
- Sound technical capabilities backed up by a relevant engineering qualification such as an HNC, HND or degree
- Knowledge of estimating software such as Candy or Conquest
- Car allowance
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare plan
- Discretionary bonus
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working arrangements considered
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.