- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Water Engineer - Flood Risk & Drainage
My client are looking for a water engineer with experience in drainage design and/or wastewater systems design. predominently my clients projects will be focussed on residential and commercial application.
The client designs, installs and maintains sewage & surface water treatment systems. Their
approach is to provide small to medium-sized private and commercial clients with a
professional design and construction services typically associated with larger engineering
Due to increasing demand for consulting engineering services together with their established
design and build offering, they are inviting applications from prospective drainage engineers
who live, or would like to live, in the South West region.
The role will require the successful candidate to support the development of outline and
detailed solutions for a wide range of surface and sewage management schemes with a
particular focus on SuDS, flood risk assessment and wastewater treatment or pumping
Requirements of Role
- Preparation of drainage strategies and drawings to support feasibility studies and
- Preparation of detailed drainage designs for construction;
- Preparation of construction drawings;
- Working as part of a design team in both supervised and unsupervised environment,
engage and support members of the team;
- Own client relationships and liaison with a broad design team (architects, structure,
- Preparation of flood risk assessments;
- Site walkover;
- Supporting our construction teams during construction and commissioning (setting
out, construction details, clash analysis etc.).
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or academic qualification in a relevant subject (eg Civil Engineering);
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills;
- Wide knowledge and experience in Autocad;
- Experience in drainage design (ideally using MicroDrainge) and application of SuDS;
- Experience and awareness of construction site works.
- Must be motivated and capable to work collaboratively with others to form positive
- Must be committed to delivering a quality product and motivated to take ownership;
- Must have the ability to communicate fluently and positively with costumers;
- Must be reliable and responsible;
- Have the ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.