- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Project Manager
We are immediately recruiting for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our clients Consultancy division in a new role supporting the continued growth and development of this high performing function.
They innovate to meet clients' needs, prepare transport solutions for tomorrow, and propose ever more resilient solutions. Transport and development infrastructure engineering has to adopt new technology, cater for new habits and satisfy new demands.
They are currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our team to project manage infrastructure and transport planning projects on behalf of their Consultancy Division, be responsible for the successful and safe delivery of projects to agreed time, budget and quality and to support continuous improvement of Project Management within the Consultancy Division.
The Senior Project Manager will need significant experience of project and programme management for complex and high value projects, preferably including highway engineering projects, along with ;
- Membership of The Association for Project Management and/or membership of a relevant professional institution and/or relevant demonstrable experience.
- Understanding of the interfaces of multiple related projects to ensure the overall programme is aligned and supports the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Sound management techniques with the ability to apply these through all project phases.
- Ability to lead, motivate and support project team members to achieve project goal(s).
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Thorough understanding of risks, liability and exposure and appropriate measures of mitigation and control.
- Relevant Environmental and sustainability knowledge.
- Ability to collaborate in order to achieve a common objective, for projects and / or business objectives.
- Proficient use of software programs, including Microsoft Office, Sharepoint and Projectwise.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to influence and engage change, promote delivery and enhance performance within the project team(s).
- Ability to resolve project issues and ensure the timely escalation and identification of risks and priorities.
- Capable of recognising and actively developing opportunities and provides value for money.
- A thorough working knowledge of the project management control tools and process with the ability to track, monitor and assess project performance.
- Proven ability to take responsibility for self-development, maintaining CPD and undertaking any identified training and learning to maintain current proficiency and keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practice.
NEC3 Contract experience is also highly desirable
- Provision of a professional, first class, consistent and effective project management service to Clients.
- To actively liaise and engage with Consultancy Business Directors to identify input across the division
- Manage project cashflow and change control, project performance and reporting
- To actively liaise and engage with project team members to provide appropriate support to projects and bids.
- Work with the Project Director and the Technical Delivery Lead(s) as appropriate to direct a multi-disciplinary project team
- Responsible for delivering the projects safely to agreed time, cost and quality and in accordance with the Project Governance Process and Integrated Management System (IMS) and all other relevant systems and processes. This includes management of issues, risks and project change requests.
- Ensure that projects comply fully with all statutory and regulatory provisions including all health, safety, environment and CDM Regulations.
- Ensure that Project Execution Plans are prepared and adhered to throughout the project life cycle.
- Work with the Project Director and Technical Leads as required to provide leadership for the project team to enable them to meet project goals and adhere to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Work with Resource Leads to resolve conflicts over resource allocation.
- Ensure regular effective communication with Client and project team.
- Attend Client Meetings in accordance with project requirements.
- Manage internal project review meetings and complete requirements for Project Reviews.
- Apply procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff, and others affected by any operations.
- To secure repeat business through proactive client management.
- Assist in any negotiations, disputes, arbitration (if and where required)
- Mentorship and guidance to Project Managers as agreed
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.