- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Product Development Engineer
BAE Systems are seeking Product Development Engineers to be involved with the design and development of Artillery, Mortar, Medium Calibre and Warhead products.
Product Development Engineer | Glascoed (South Wales) | 6 Months | £30.46ph Umbrella (Inside IR35)
This role will require you to hold or be eligible to obtain Security Clearance (SC). You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
Would you like to join a multi-disciplined engineering development team involved in the development, design, manufacture and test of a number of new and legacy munitions products? Reporting to the Lead Engineer, you will be involved in all levels of the product lifecycle concepts, development, testing, qualification, production and in service support. This is based at Glascoed, however, occasional travel to other manufacturing and test and evaluation sites will be necessary.
- Assisting product design and system engineering activities for new and legacy productsConfiguration and maintenance of engineering bills of materials for product.
- Product design and evaluation / down selection e.g. Pugh Matrices, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Process design, definition and critical evaluation e.g. Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Process Control Plans (PCP)
- Coordination of theoretical simulations e.g. (thermal, structural, fluids and aerodynamics)
- Coordination of product and process empirical testing and evaluation.
- Development and use safe systems of work
- Development of quality systems
- Management of suppliers, both internal and external, to ensure that development activities are completed to time and schedule
- Contribution to the Risk Management process
- Life Cycle Management (contributing towards design reviews) from concept to disposal
- Working as part of an integrated project team, including regular engagement with project management, procurement (supply chain) and operations.
Competencies/Skills and Expertise
- Degree or BTEC (HNC) in a technically based discipline (mechanical or chemical).
- Available for immediate start
- 5 Years development experience in the Engineering industry
- Experience in Product design and/or test and evaluation
- Experience in Process design and/or optimisation.
- Knowledge of munitions design and manufacture.
- Familiarity with the Life Cycle Management (LCM) process
- Ability to work in a team and to work independently when required.
- Experience of product design analysis techniques (Pugh, DFMEA, FTA)
- Experience of process design analysis techniques (PCP, PFMEA)
- Capable of producing high quality technical reports.
- Understanding of statistical analysis.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and models
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- A working knowledge of Systems Engineering and Engineering design
- Understanding of project management and the ability to use associated tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of Risk Management
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.