- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Consultant, Integrated Design
Our client are seeking to expand our integrated design offer and are looking for a highway / transport practitioner to join their London-based team to deliver a broad portfolio of work.
This position will support the Integrated Design team which covers a wide range of high-profile developments and projects such as Brent Cross South, Houses of Parliament, Battersea Power Station, and ongoing support for Canary Wharf Group. There are also opportunities to support our international offices particularly in North and South America.
You should have expertise in Traffic, Transportation and Highways, preferably with experience supporting development sites through the planning process and ideally in London. You will be expected to provide advice on servicing, parking, cycle / pedestrian access and traffic management, and thus develop outputs from concept through to detailed design for a variety of highway and development schemes.
You will work as part of a team providing solutions to both private and public sector clients. This position requires an enthusiastic, hard-working person, who wants to be part of our growing, dynamic teams and in this role, you will be required to:
- Support our transport, highways and development design offer across the company both in the UK and internationally.
- Complete key work streams within projects with limited supervision, ensuring that best practice techniques are applied consistently.
- Deliver high quality highways and transportation designs and advice as part of multi-disciplinary teams across a range of projects including major developments, highway related regeneration projects and sustainable transport initiatives.
- Deliver excellent joined-up and high-profile transportation and highway projects in the UK, which contributes to the company's reputation for delivering excellence.
- Support the senior staff in the delivery of large multi-disciplinary projects, including collaborating with sub consultants and other consultant teams as required.
- Take responsibility to deliver key projects through project initiation, feasibility and initial design.
- Prepare and present reports, proposals, briefing notes and design reports.
- Assist with the ongoing management of projects, including exercising effective financial and budgetary control.
- Contribute to the production and delivery of proposals and marketing materials related to our market area from time to time.
Key Requirements for this role
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Be comfortable working in creative multi-disciplinary teams with designers and architects etc. and provide positive contributions in resolving complex design problems.
- Take responsibility for key tasks and workstreams, successfully managing multiple deadlines in parallel.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to influence colleagues and clients through a balance of supportive and challenging behaviours.
- Be a proficient user of AutoCAD and AutoTrack.
- Possess relevant London experience in design for highways and development planning, ideally with experience of Section 38 / 278 agreements and Section 106 agreements.
- Hold professional and academic qualifications in transport engineering e.g. BEng or similar.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.