- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
We are currently conducting maintenance on this area of the website, including the contractor portal for timesheets and payslips. We hope to have everything back up and running shortly and this should not affect any payment runs. Thank you for your patience.
Test Rig Designer
Our leading aerospace client in Yeovil have a permanent opportunity for a Test Rig Designer to join their Structural Test part of the business.
As a Test Rig Designer, you will design the test rigs required for the strength substantiation of Aircraft components from rig concept through to detail design. The test rigs to be designed range from simple single actuator tests through to complex multi-actuator tests with challenging loading constraints.
What you will do
The main responsibilities of this role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Produce detailed rig design drawings in CATIA V4 & V5 format.
- Selection of suitable commercial hydraulic actuators and loading systems for use in rig design.
- Provide stress calculations of rig design to show adequate strength margins.
- Ensure personal working practices conform to the Company Health & Safety Policy in the Test Laboratory.
- Conduct tasks to meet the departments working practices.
What we are looking for
The main skills, qualification and knowledge essential to perform this role are:
- Degree or HNC in relevant subject (e.g. Mechanical Engineering etc).
- Experience in the use of CAD with experience in CATIA V4 & V5 at a level commensurate with the task.
- Experience in test rig design, and project management at a level commensurate with the task.
- Able to demonstrate good communication, problem solving and decision making skills.
- IT literate with necessary PC skills.
- Ability to understand Technical Drawings
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office packages and SAP ECC6.
- Flexible attitude with willingness and ability to work in a team environment is essential.
- Full driving license.
In addition, the following attributes are desirable:
- Experience in the design of hydraulic systems/installations for test rigs.
- Experience in the definition and design of servo control systems for the control of structural tests.
- Knowledge of stressing of structural and mechanical test rigs.
- Experience of designing and building mechanical mechanisms and systems and their application to structural testing.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.