- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Development Engineer (Integrated Systems)
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Development Engineer at my clients site in Burgess Hill. Please note this role will be initially working from home, in line with the government guidelines.
The Senior Development Engineer will be a member of a technical team developing integrated systems and subsystem products. The role will be responsible for the new product development from the conceptualisation phase, to the design, development and testing phases of prototypes. The incumbent will also follow through to the validation and verification stages before supporting the transfer of the product to our manufacturing facility (the Product Company -PC) for production.
They will participate in advanced specification analyses, support the innovation and development of new designs, development, and test programs/specifications at all levels with minimal supervision, honesty, and commitment, with a can-do attitude whilst putting safety and sustainability first.
- To interpret Market Requirements Specification (MRS), understand the objectives and support the creation of the Model Based Systems Engineering model (MBSE) to enable the delivery of the design to PRS targets.
- To support and guide the engineering team in preparation of the prototype build, testing and reporting, and creation of documentation to ensure the products conform to the relevant international, national and industry safety and design standards as determined in the MRS.
- Drive the design and development output that will enable the efficient introduction of new integrated products according to the companys Product Commercialisation Process (PCP)/New Product Introduction (NPI) procedures, meeting the Product Requirements Specification (PRS) and conforming to the relevant international safety and industry standards.
- To verify that the design output accurately meets the Product Requirement Specification (PRS) and conforms to the relevant international safety requirements and industry standards through Verification, Validation and Design/Engineering Change Management.
- Assist in the design and development of major and minor sub-assemblies, ensuring the specified quality and cost are achieved to the agreed project time scale.
- Assist in and be accountable for the detailed documentation of the design (MBSE model, CAD models, drawings, design data, BOM, test data, test reports, objective specifications, TR deliverables, HAZOP, DFMEA and risk assessment) ensuring all relevant information is recorded in a timely manner and placed in the Technical Construction File (TCF), project folder, or uploaded to the project SharePoint site so that a smooth transition of information to the product company is possible with minimal continuous support.
- Coordination with extended team members from different functions and locations. Develops good relationships with suppliers and internal/external customers to understand their needs and expectations and to complete design and development tasks. Ours customers success is our success!
- Define software and control verification tests based upon established requirements in the MBSE model. Ability to use MatLab/LabView for initial control of test rigs etc. Support software engineers during integration of PLC and HMI software progressing through to product verification, by defining traceable testing for system upgrades, including regression testing.
- Undertake continuous training and professional development to improve their own knowledge and skillset and readily learns and adapts to new technologies. Actively participates in the direction and development of more junior Engineers and Designers to enable their career development.
- An understanding and track record in the generation of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) from scratch, and support the designers in laying out their models according to the P&ID.
- A demonstrable understanding of wiring diagrams and system schematics.
- A proven ability to choose and specify material and components, with an understanding and ability to technically specify pressure, fluid and vacuum line sizes for fluids, and valves etc.,
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of thermo and fluid dynamics (including for example CFD), with a background knowledge and interest in physics and chemistry.
- Experience in using MatLab/LabView for test rig/prototyping prior to integration of control software.
- Skilled in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio.
Appreciation of the following would be an advantage:
- Experience or user of PDM tools - SmartTeam and SAP.
- Basic programming skills/controls
- 3D and 2D CAD skills (CATIA and/or other drafting tools).
- Chartered Engineer with IMechE/INCOSE or equivalent
- My client has several facilities and offices worldwide so the Senior Development Engineer may be expected to travel internationally as part of the role, and maybe required to relocate for short term assignments to other customer facilities or customer sites, to support the introduction of new products, in person (or remotely) to support and train local teams in the operation of these new system products.
- Requires flexibility in working with different time zones across the globe.
If you feel this role is well suited to your skills and experience, please click apply!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.