- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
We are currently conducting maintenance on this area of the website, including the contractor portal for timesheets and payslips. We hope to have everything back up and running shortly and this should not affect any payment runs. Thank you for your patience.
Electrician (Water experience)
Our client is looking for an Electrical Installation Engineer to join their team based in Waterlooville with travel required across water/wastewater sites.
They are a specialist engineering services and solutions provider based in the South who work predominantly in the UK water sector.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation and wiring of electrical and control equipment as well as training assistant electricians on the job. The successful candidate should have at least 5 years' experience of electrical installation, ideally in the water sector although other commercial and industrial sectors will be considered.
- Electrical installation works including:
- Earthing Arrangements
- Control Systems
- Fault finding
- Inspection and Testing
- Training of assistant electricians whilst on the job (apprentice and improver);
- Completion of paperwork to demonstrate installation and testing work has been carried out successfully;
- Compliance with NICEIC requirements and client specific standards;
- Inspection and testing of electrical systems;
- Utilise wiring diagrams and manufacturer's installation manuals to complete assigned projects;
- Survey electrical systems and plans.
The day-to-day activities of the position will involve travelling to a client's site and carrying out the electrical installation and testing work required for that particular project. The requirements of each project will be explained by the electrical supervisor (this may be done either face to face at head office or via email / phone depending on the project requirements) and the successful candidate will then carry out the work on site including completing the associated paperwork where required. Some sites may only require a single day to carry out the work whereas others will be longer term projects.
The candidate will be part of the larger site team and will be with at least one other person at all times. The role reports directly into the Electrical Site Supervisor.
- NVQ level 3 or Time served Electrician
- 2391 Testing and inspection, desirable but not essential.
- 5+ years' experience in the electrical trade
- Gold card
- Water hygiene EUSR card
- Able to work well in a team
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills for electrical installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment;
- Strong communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- Company van with fuel card (for company use only)
- Company phone
- Optional company pension
- 28 days holiday (including public and bank holidays)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.