- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My Client is recruiting for a Contracts Manager in the Water Sector
The company is a long-established Mechanical engineering company. The company designs, manufactures and installs equipment for the Water Industry. They are looking for a person to fill the role of 'Contracts Manager' the position will be based in Lichfield and will for the most part be office based .
The duties for this position include:
- Maintain close working relationship with the Managing Director & client and Interact proactively with other departments and members of the engineering team.
- Maintain Contracts programme delivery system
- Prepare technical equipment selections
- Work closely with the production manager to maintain manufacturing schedules
- Work closely with the engineering team to monitor production of design and detail drawings
- Work closely with procurement to monitor supply of materials and components
- Supervise Contracts engineers and monitor progress of contracts and installations
- Supervise the scheduling of the installation programme
- Assist with communications and transfer of information between departments, clients, the Designers, sub-contractors & Vendors.
- Perform handover meeting with new orders from Projects Manager
- Highlight any commercial risk from design or proposed contractual agreement.
- Maintain knowledge of Water industry specification and NEC contract conditions
- Develop a working knowledge of the various treatment processes and machine selection procedures
- Carry out site visits and perform site inspections
- Visit clients to attend pre-let and progress meetings
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering degree level or HNC as a minimum - preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of the UK water industry
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.