- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Would you be interested in being a part of one the UK's leading, most exciting Defence projects? If so, the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) require a Nuclear Engineer to join their team, based in Bristol.
The Royal Navy's Submarine Service has operated the UK's Nuclear Deterrent every hour of every day for nearly 50 years, protecting our nation from the most extreme threats. The Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) are looking for a Nuclear Engineer, to help them deliver the latest addition to this deterrent.
The Ship Submersible Nuclear Replacement (SSNR) project is focused on delivering future capability requirements and develop options to perform operations and tasks within the underwater environment when the current Astute Class Submarines leave service. The project is currently in the design definition phase. In this post, you will work within Nuclear Propulsion, providing engineering management for the design and development of SSNR Nuclear Steam Raising Plant.
As a Nuclear Engineer within the Ship Submersible Nuclear Replacement (SSNR) project, you will be responsible for liaising with stakeholders, both internally and externally, completing manufacturing reviews on supplier premises and producing/reviewing supporting documentation. You will also have line manager responsibilities for a small team. Other responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Delivering SSNR propulsion plant design development within performance, cost and time constraints
- Ensuring compliance with, and managing progress through, Nuclear Plant technical and safety governance processes
- Ensuring that wider SSNR stakeholders are appropriately consulted and informed on project and technical related risks, issues and opportunities
- Contributing to the development of the propulsion system procurement, contracting strategies and commercial negotiations
- Assisting with contract management activities
- Assisting with the delivery of SSNR programme Approvals
To be successful with your application, you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
- You will hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status, or will demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
- You will hold a relevant Level 6 (or higher) qualification or demonstrate equivalent experience
- You will have experience of leading the delivery of successful engineering outcomes within a heavily-regulated industry (e.g. defence, nuclear, oil & gas, etc.)
Please note that, due to security requirements, this post is reserved for sole UK nationals.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.