- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
We are currently conducting maintenance on this area of the website, including the contractor portal for timesheets and payslips. We hope to have everything back up and running shortly and this should not affect any payment runs. Thank you for your patience.
Design Manager (multi-discipline)
Our water industry client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team and is looking for multiple Design Managers to join their joint venture framework based out of Brighton or Maidstone.
You will be responsible for delivering engineering solutions at a project / tranche level from initial definition of need through optioneering, solution development, detail design and construction support.
You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and the responsibilities will include:
- To lead a team of discipline design engineers in the development of wastewater technical solutions from initial need statement through optioneering, solution development, value engineering, detail design and construction support.
- Ensure affordable design solutions are developed within project budget and solution risk is appropriately managed and communicated throughout the solution development process.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with the client, design teams, construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs.
- Ensure sustainable design solutions completed in accordance with CDM Regulations
- Provide design solutions that meet all the requirements of the programme's systems and governance procedures
- Agree design budgets, monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects
- Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency
- Establish and agree design costs and programme timescales with the Programme Manager
- Organise the work required and document the Design Management Plan / Project Execution Plan
- Deliver the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget
- Experience of technical project delivery in a design-build environment
- Experience in the Wastewater Treatment Industry
- Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary design teams
- Degree in an engineering-related discipline
- Must be delivery-driven with the ability to set targets, manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives
- Our client is looking for candidates with water industry experience but will consider applications from other sectors with appropriate transferable design skills.
- Our client is open to discussing contract and permanent roles, depending on the circumstances
- The candidate would be required to be on site (Brighton/Maidstone) a minimum of 2 days a week so our client is open to candidates applying from further afield
- Applications from Electrical design, mechanical design, EICA, MEICA design are welcome
- Competitive salary package
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company pension
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.