- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My Client is recruiting for a CAD Engineer in the Water Sector
This position is for a CAD Engineer in the Water Sector, you will be responsible for the production and coordination of outline and detailed Design Deliverables together with tender stage design on combined Process / Mechanical / Electrical / Civil schemes in the water industry.
What you'll be doing day to day:
- Preparation of Flowsheets and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams
- Preparation of federated 3D models
- Preparation of site layouts and general arrangements
- Preparation of pipe work detail drawings and Bills of Materials
- The use of Plant P&ID/ Revit/AutoCAD to produce the above models/drawings
- Carry out site surveys
- Carry out 3D laser scanning on site, and stitch Pointcloud outputs using proprietary software
- Co-ordinate & liaise with other internal and external mechanical, electrical and civil designers
- Assist with the design verification & validation processes, including attending design reviews.
- Evaluation of potential hazards through design risk assessments
- Working within our controlled document management system (Cabinet) and common data environment (Viewpoint for Projects)
Qualification and Experience:
- Autodesk AutoCAD experience essential
- Autodesk Revit experience essential
- Autodesk Plant P&ID experience beneficial
- Knowledge of BS19650 (BIM Standard) workflows - specifically how models/drawings operate under these standards
- Experience in a process industry design role preferred
- Engineering qualification desirable - either NVQ / Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, or Graduate.
- Sufficient engineering knowledge to question, ask and learn.
- Desire to understand the background and objectives of a project or plant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft & Google software packages.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.