- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
Our portal is currently undergoing maintenance and we are working to restore it as soon as possible. In the event that it is not operational by 9am on Friday 14th May, we shall be sending this week’s payslip to your email contact address.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and expect the portal to be up and running soon at which point you will be able to access your information in the usual way.
Senior EICA Engineer
My Client is recruiting for a Senior EICA Engineer in the Water Sector
The successful applicant will prepare, develop and check electrical designs to suit contract requirements. Ensure that EICA designs are deployed effectively, economically and in accordance with all appropriate regulations and specifications to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on contracts
The role will report directly to the EICA Discipline Lead and the responsibilities will include:
- Provide design solutions that meet all of the requirements the Sub-Programme Mandates.
- Produce design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
- Ensure that standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible
- Produce outline electrical, instrumentation and control design on contracts
- Attend internal design meetings
- Liaise with other design disciplines
- Liaise with Network Operating Companies (NOC's)
- Carryout surveys at site visits
- Review and approve/comment on sub-contractor designs
- Gain approval of designs from Clients
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests at suppliers premises and produce reports
- Ensure designs produced and those of sub-contractors meet the requirements of the specification
- Experience in EICA design in water / process industry
- Working knowledge of industrial electrical distribution systems including 11kV.
- Appreciation of automated control systems based on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) and Telemetry.
- Knowledge of Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Knowledge of power distribution systems and associated calculations
- Electrical Engineering Degree, HND/BTEC
- Technical report writing skills
- 18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations qualification
- Chartered Engineer Status or member of a Senior Engineering Institute such as IET and working towards Chartered Engineer status.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.