- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
We are currently conducting maintenance on this area of the website, including the contractor portal for timesheets and payslips. We hope to have everything back up and running shortly and this should not affect any payment runs. Thank you for your patience.
Designated Project Engineer - Civil Structural
To manage the use of appropriate engineering standards in relation to design and construction, on all projects.To monitor whether suitably qualified and experienced staff are employed to control engineering aspects of all projects.
- Implement Network Rail systems and procedures to deliver a cost effective, high quality and safe approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities for outside party projects. Review all relevant legislation and liaise with relevant governmental departments. Lead on all of the approvals and consents are required for the design and implementation of the projects by the Outside Party.
- Monitor the competence of all Project Engineers working on projects within the Asset Protection Team and provide functional guidance, direction and briefing.
- Apply engineering controls and procedures to all projects and check all design and construction works are carried out and are appropriate Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards applicable to their discipline.
- Support Commercial Property through the management of clearance proposals and external planning applications which may adversely affect Network Rail.
- Monitor all projects for compliance with Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards and Network Rail project control procedures.
- Advise project and programme management in respect of all construction activities, testing and commissioning, and site supervision. Monitor whether the design and construction elements meet the requirements of legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
- Assure whether contractors' design, construction and specialist personnel are competent.
- Undertake reviews of design and construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors to monitor whether safety and quality of design, construction testing and commissioning and management systems are adequate.
- Undertake the duties of Designated Project Engineer (DPE).
Undertake accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.