- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
We are currently conducting maintenance on this area of the website, including the contractor portal for timesheets and payslips. We hope to have everything back up and running shortly and this should not affect any payment runs. Thank you for your patience.
Systems Engineer - Outside IR35
A Platform Systems Engineer is needed to join the systems engineering team within the Mode 5 IFF programme. This is an initial 3 month contract, outside IR35. The role is to be based onsite from Bristol, but some remote work might be available.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
You will have demonstrable knowledge and experience in several of the following areas:
- A degree-level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrable experience of the systems engineering lifecycle, with particular focus on early lifecycle phases.
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a range of technical and operational topics.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply system-level thinking.
- A proven track record in schedule adherence and achieving high standards.
- Knowledge of new and existing Mode 5 IFF technologies and products.
- Willing to obtain SC-level security clearance.
- Sole or dual British citizenship, as this is a defence role
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to problem solving and ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion.
- Able to work with minimum direction/supervision on complex tasks.
- Confidence and ability to challenge/respond to technical/process issues.
- Previous experience of working with IFF systems.
- Worked with Regulatory Authorities.
- Worked with DE&S customer teams.
- Previous experience in conducting End to End test planning and execution.
- Hands on experience with some of the software tools used on the programme, DOORS, System Architect, Teamcenter, SAP is preferred. Where this is not available, experience in similar toolsets with a good understanding of their capability is required.
Key Responsibility Areas
Working under direction from the UK Mode 5 IFF Platform IPT Engineering Lead, this position is a hands-on role ensuring Technical input is delivered for assigned platforms:
- Applying your knowledge of systems engineering to undertake assigned activities, delivering to agreed performance targets, including cost and schedule.
- Working closely with engineering and other functions within the IPT to manage design changes and solve problems on complex systems.
- Working to ensure delivery of the technical solution for the allocated platforms ahead of schedule, to achieve IOC and FOC.
- Working with PDOs and their technical team to ensure Maturity Design Gate Reviews are held and achieved ahead of schedule.
- Working hands-on with guidance and support from specialists to ensure that all engineering aspects are considered and assessed through Maturity Design Gate Reviews to ensure design integrity, including Systems Architecture (MODAF) Human Factors, System Design, Configuration Management, ILS, Security, Safety and Interoperability with other platform systems.
- Updating and maintaining all platform documentation for use with suppliers and delivering this to the customer, including the platforms' Verification and Validation Requirements Matrix (VVRM).
- Completing tasks in accordance with appropriate processes and procedures to a high standard.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.