- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
We are currently conducting maintenance on this area of the website, including the contractor portal for timesheets and payslips. We hope to have everything back up and running shortly and this should not affect any payment runs. Thank you for your patience.
Principal Electrical Engineer
We are looking for an SC Cleared candidate who would ideally be chartered. Currently, remote working is in place but when guidance allows the candidate would spend part of the week on site.
- Lead and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing designer performance and making appropriate technical management responses
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget;
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process;
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock's Business Management System and Technical Manual;
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied;
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
- A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline. Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
- Nuclear introductory course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge.
- Design of high and low voltage electrical distribution systems;
- Design of control & instrumentation systems;
- Design of Communications and data systems;
- Design of electrical building services;
- Experience of substantiation of SIL and high integrity systems for justification of Nuclear Safety functions.
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.