- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
We are currently conducting maintenance on this area of the website, including the contractor portal for timesheets and payslips. We hope to have everything back up and running shortly and this should not affect any payment runs. Thank you for your patience.
- Our client is looking for a Highways Technician to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- This role is Inside IR35 (via Umbrella Company)
Job Description -
Undertake site investigations to determine best value solutions for highway maintenance and improvement needs on a designated area of the County Roads. Including, structural patching, minor patching, minor civils (kerbs, footway, voids, ironwork repairs etc), surface treatments and minor drainage schemes.
Prepare work details, specifications, Health and Safety information, contract documents and works orders for highway works.
Prioritise and promote work, schemes and programmes as appropriate.
To provide a good level of customer service and ensure that all forms of correspondence and other communication receive appropriate consideration and reply within corporate targets.
Assist in the delivery of improving communication with individuals, communities, council staff and members and key stakeholders in accordance with council policy.
Represent the service as required at meetings or committees including outside of normal hours.
Identification, assessment, prioritisation and programming of highway maintenance works in dialogue with team members, operational staff and other relevant stakeholders.
Provide technical advice and support to officers in the team with maintenance implications and treatments.
Monitoring of maintenance works (standards, progress, budgets etc.) and assist in collection of highway inventory information.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Full Drivers Licence required.
- Ability to use PMS (pavement Management System) and other analytical tools to enable prioritisation of highway schemes.
- Civil Engineering Level 4 Higher National Certificate or relevant highway maintenance engineering experience.
- Experience in highway maintenance or design including a thorough knowledge of construction materials construction techniques and specialist services.
- Experience in the recognition identification, specification and measurement of highway maintenance needs, priorities and solutions and in producing prioritised programmes of work.
- Experience of site supervision/inspection of maintenance operations on public highways and sound record keeping.
- Experience of highway drainage design and maintenance including identifying and implementing repairs and improvements to existing apparatus.
- Understanding of relevant legislation and policies in relation to highway authority responsibilities.
- Understanding of Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- 37 hours a week min
- Monday to Friday
- Weekly Pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Callum Laycock directly 07901964657
- Email your CV to email@example.com
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.