- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
We are currently conducting maintenance on this area of the website, including the contractor portal for timesheets and payslips. We hope to have everything back up and running shortly and this should not affect any payment runs. Thank you for your patience.
Motor Control Engineer
Design, development, and test of inverter control systems for a permanent magnet motor. An excellent opportunity for an individual with a proven record in algorithm development, calibration to performing performance validation tests.
The role involves design, development, and test of inverter control systems for axial permanent magnet motors. Although the predominant focus will be on motor control, the role will cover other electrical systems such as DC-DC converters and design of control electronics.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a proven record in motor control systems ranging from algorithm development, calibration to performing performance validation tests. Experience within the Aerospace sector is desirable but not essential.
- Control algorithm development for embedded control systems based upon drivetrain requirements.
- Develop control algorithms for brushless permanent magnet motors such as axial PM motors to optimise efficiency.
- Simulation and analysis of PM motors, electric drives and high voltage power electronics.
- Motor control algorithm design and implementation using C based embedded tools.
- Plan and perform control algorithm calibration and testing in HIL, dynamometer and vehicle test environments.
- Perform exhaustive motor and inverter characterisation to ensure desired system operation across the operating range.
- Integrate various sensors (rotor position, current etc.) with the MCU platform.
- Ensure successful integration with other subsystems within the drivetrain.
- Liaise and work with a multi-disciplinary team to support development and integration of various subsystems.
- Maintain understanding of new technologies, methods, and products.
Experience and qualifications:
- Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in motor control principles such as FOC, flux weakening, over modulation etc.
- Strong understanding of three phase power switching topologies.
- Modelling and simulation of electric drives in Matlab/Simulink/Plecs.
- Hands on experience working in high voltage & high-power testing environments.
- Experience with Laboratory test equipment: Spectrum Analyser, Signal Analyser, Signal Generator, Oscilloscope and DVM
- Familiar with PCB schematic capture and mixed signal circuit design. Experience with Altium Designer preferable.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.