- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
We are currently conducting maintenance on this area of the website, including the contractor portal for timesheets and payslips. We hope to have everything back up and running shortly and this should not affect any payment runs. Thank you for your patience.
Electronics Engineer Calibration and Maintenance
A well established Defence client based in the North of England are looking for a Calibration and Maintenance engineer to work on their Test equipment.
Role Title: Electronics Engineer - Calibration & Maintenance
£30ph Umbrella / £25.75 per hour PAYE (inclusive of holiday) - 33 days holiday per year
We are seeking an Electronics Engineer to join our Calibration & Maintenance Team, to service Electrical and Electronic Test Equipment, including Special to Type Test Equipment (STTE).
* Calibrating test/measuring equipment to defined instructions, handbooks, drawings or specifications and providing technical advice/guidance on C&M measurement.
* Provide technical support to MBDA functions.
* Maintain and repair test/measuring equipment to component level.
* Generating clear and comprehensive calibration/maintenance records for traceability purposes.
* Safety systems testing of Test & Measuring equipment in line with documented procedures.
* Provide Technical support to facilitate the efficient servicing of STTE to enable production testing of hardware and repair phases of the contract. Assessment of related equipment issues directing support services to resolve equipment failures.
* Represent Calibration department at Integrated Production Team meetings to provide technical information/advice when requested.
* Test facility commissioning & acceptance, ensuring configuration control of equipment and facilities.
* Perform Calibration, repair and installation of test equipment at MBDA and customer sites in the UK and Europe.
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
* Minimum qualification: Modern Apprenticeship NVQ3. HNC/HND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering desirable.
* Proactive attitude to daily tasking.
* Innovative, team player who has a passion for calibration and maintenance activities.
* Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
* Commitment and integrity.
* Good communication skills.
* Willingness to travel to MBDA & customer sites.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.