- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
Our portal is currently undergoing maintenance and we are working to restore it as soon as possible. In the event that it is not operational by 9am on Friday 14th May, we shall be sending this week’s payslip to your email contact address.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and expect the portal to be up and running soon at which point you will be able to access your information in the usual way.
Lifting Equipment Engineer
This is an opportunity to join a client who own and operate an oil refinery and petrochemical manufacturing complex. The Lifting Equipment Engineer will support the operations and maintenance teams & regularly liaise with the SHE team.
Candidates must have broad knowledge and experience in lifting equipment inspection. The lifting equipment and accessories will range from fixed and mobile cranes, forklift trucks and mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs). Candidates must have a good understanding of health and safety relating to lifting equipment. Candidates will ideally have demonstrable lifting experience within the petrochemical, oil & gas or associated industries.
The successful candidate is likely to have a practical grounding and wide experience in lifting equipment including specification, inspection, repair, and maintenance; supported by formal lifting industry qualifications. Qualifications should be at least equivalent to Incorporated Engineer status (UKAS RG6 Category 2) along with good knowledge of PUWER and the Machinery Regulations plus a detailed knowledge of LOLER regulations 9, 10 and 11. In addition working knowledge of lifting industry standards, for example BS 7121 (all parts), LEEA approved code of practice and HSE guidance notes is desirable.
Tasks and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Regular field audits to ensure lifting standards are being adhered to across site.
- Monitor maintenance contractor's compliance with Client's health, safety, lifting and rigging procedures and standards and promote best practices.
- Proactively manage lifting contractors and push work forward.
- Encourage and enforce high standards for lifting equipment on the site at all levels in the organisation.
- Conduct regular safety walkabouts focused on lifting equipment and lifting operations.
- Work with site contractors to ensure lifting equipment condition and compliance standards are being adhered to.
- Arrange and witness third party inspections when testing lifting equipment and accessories.
Candidates must be able to work with computers utilizing MS Windows and Office suite of packages including Word, Excel and Outlook. This physically active role will involve regular site visits including climbing ladders and some working at height.
This role is Inside IR35. Rates advertised are Umbrella rates. PAYE rates are also available and can be discussed with the consultant during application.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.