- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
Our portal is currently undergoing maintenance and we are working to restore it as soon as possible. In the event that it is not operational by 9am on Friday 14th May, we shall be sending this week’s payslip to your email contact address.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and expect the portal to be up and running soon at which point you will be able to access your information in the usual way.
Our client are a cutting edge radar systems business seeking an experienced trials engineer to join their rapidly expanding team.
A Trials Engineer is required within the Security Solutions to assist with the development and delivery of company and customer funded security projects based upon radar and optronics technology. Activities will include Bid Support, Demonstration of the system to interested parties/customers in the UK and overseas, and system integration. Additional responsibilities will include Setting up customer equipment in the installation location and feeding back any issues noted during trials and customer demonstrations to the development team.
Applicants are required to be flexible in their approach to work, as every project and support issue presents different challenges. Applicants must also possess an aptitude for problem solving and have an eye for detail.
The Trials Engineer is expected to show motivation and initiative in planning their own activities to achieve timely and effective results with little supervision. As this is a customer-facing role ability to communicate clearly within the company at all levels and with customers whose first language may not be English is crucial.
- Lead Trials and Testing activities to characterise and prove system capabilities
- Demonstrate live radar equipment and systems to potential customers in the UK and overseas
- Create Trials plans for the evaluation of system improvements
- Create visit reports for all trials and demonstration activities
- Record and distribute data collected from trials activities and liaise with the responsible engineers
- Conduct UAV flights in accordance with CAA regulations within the UK and overseas to aid research and development.
- Deliver and commission systems to customers within the UK and overseas.
- Produce requirement and test specifications for use with new products and customer contracts.
- Where required conduct Factory Acceptance/Site Acceptance Trials
- Assist in the evaluation of new technology and methods beneficial to the Company's interests and support future business requirements
- Fault find on equipment in the field and new equipment.
- Travel within the UK and overseas is required, and is considered a regular feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice
- Liaise with Subcontractors to evaluate and select additional equipment required for particular systems
- Provide training to customers and internal users on the use and maintenance of the equipment
- Create software bug requirements and generate new requirements for system functionality
- Test software releases and Jira requirements
- Any other task associated with this role
- Ideally qualified to Degree level or in Engineering/Mathematics/Physics although relevant, equivalent experience is acceptable
- The successful applicant will be computer literate with a good standard of written English, capable of compiling accurate, detailed and well presented technical proposals and specifications.
- An understanding of Radar Systems is desirable, although not essential if other complementary skills demonstrate a capacity to understand new technologies quickly and effectively.
- Previous experience in customer facing roles is required.
- An understanding of a range of engineering disciplines (Software, Mechanical, and Electrical) is required.
- Experience in Computer Networking, Camera Systems & Power supplies would be an advantage.
- A full UK driving licence is required.
- Expected to show motivation and initiative in planning their own activities so as to achieve timely and effective results with little supervision.