- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Aerothermal Engineer
I am currently looking for a Senior Aerothermal Engineer to work for an aerospace company based in Bristol.
The role is to complete modelling and simulation in aerothermal for new electric aircraft technology.
To conduct thermodynamic, aerodynamic and fluid dynamic analysis of components and integrated systems for electric aircraft. Experience with cryogenics and multiphase flow simulation desirable.
The role is responsible for modelling and simulation of systems for the development of hydrogen powered aircraft systems to ensure appropriate conditions for the operation of the electrical power system and fuel cell stack through a combination of multi-physics simulation and validation through test.
Qualifications and Skills - Formal Qualifications Essential
* Degree qualified with relevant experience in thermodynamics / fluid mechanics leading to expertise in modelling and simulation of multi-phase flow / multi-physics thermal & fluid systems. Role dependent on experience
* Masters Degree or PhD in related multi-physics domain and minimum 10 years experience. Simulation of multi-phase cryogenic fuel and / or cooling systems
Specific Functional Capability, Knowledge and Skills Required
* Experience in the design and development of fuel / air systems leading to an optimal fluid (air, liquid and mixed phase) path definition across the operating envelope.
* Extensive experience in multi-physics tools in the domains of aero/fluid-dynamics, thermo-dynamic simulation. Software tool specific experience not essential as conversion training available if required.
* Experience in fluid transfer, including ducting / piping analysis as well as in the specification and development of heat exchangers.
* Demonstrated ability to work from first principles.
* Experience in development & validation test planning and execution.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
* Ability to promote sustainable thinking at design level.
* Team player.
* Strong design, analytical, and troubleshooting capabilities. (Someone whom can identify complex problems, decompose them and solve them).
* Outstanding technical report writing skills.
* Excellent verbal communication skills, with ability to present to a variety of audiences.
* Innovative with a high level of abstraction.
* Efficient time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
* Energetic and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Continuously seeks new ways to improve productivity.
* Ability to talk with all levels within an organization.
* Experience with Simcenter 3D, AMESIM, Flowmaster, Star CCM+
* Experience in phase change modelling and fuild transport.
* Experience in simulation, design and development of cryogenic tanks, pipes and heat exchangers.
* Development of fuel systems for PEM fuel cells for aircraft fuelled by liquid hydrogen.
* Experience in related aircraft certification compliance and planning.
* Practical knowledge and understanding of energy balance, transfer and phase change.
* Experience in holistic system steady state and dynamic thermal modelling.
* Knowledge of international standardization committees for aerospace fluid systems (with a preference on fuel systems).
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.