- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Electrical Systems Engineer
Our leading aerospace client involved in the design, development and manufacture of helicopters for commercial, public service and defence applications have an opportunity for an Electrical Systems Engineer to join their team in Yeovil.
As Electrical Systems Engineer you will carry out engineering activities for electrical systems on current and future platforms, including research.
The department is responsible for a broad range of electrical systems, as such the role has the scope for involvement with the following:
- Platform Electrical Power management and distribution systems.
- Platform lighting requirements (internal and external) including use of NVIS.
- Electrical panels and switches, including crew grips.
- Electrical Integration of Power Systems (engines).
- Anti Icing and Deicing systems.
- Hoists. Batteries Electrical aspects of various utility systems (eg ECS, hydraulics, fuel)
Areas of responsibility may include:
- System architecture definition, design and analysis.
- Requirements capture, allocation, derivation, validation and verification.
- Preparation of technical specifications and other project documentation.
- Review of electrical design, including engineering drawings.
- Conduct presentations at technical design reviews.
- Preparation of test documentation and conduct integration testing.
- Participate in aircraft trials.
- Qualification and certification of equipment and systems.
- Technical management of external suppliers.
- Liaison with Customers, internal and external.
- Supporting bid activities with future Customers.