- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Mechanical / Electro-Mechanical Systems Engineer
As a result of growing demand our market-leading client have multiple opportunities for Mechanical / Electro-Mechanical Systems Engineers with 5 plus years' experience.
The roles are within Propulsion Engineering working on a range of combustion engines and a number of exciting engine development programmes. The positions will suit people looking for an opportunity to develop their careers within a fast-paced organisation at the forefront of engine design and development.
You will be responsible for taking new engine systems and components from concept to flawless launch, ensuring a robust system/component sign-off meeting all regulatory, quality, cost and timing requirements.
- Deliver engine sub-systems/components from concept to delivery - from specification, through analysis, testing and development, to engineering sign-off.
- Lead a specialist area, primarily consisting of full technical ownership of heavy duty engine valve-train system and responsible for taking it through the steps above
- Support engine sub-systems through programme launch and in mass production liaising with various operational functions such as manufacturing, assembly, quality, purchase, materials etc.
- Create system and component specifications and design (cascaded from programme targets) - using/commissioning the relevant analysis tools to support data driven design decisions.
- Develop system and component FMEAs, and DVPs.
- Co-ordinate and supervise DVP tests/analyses (analytical, rig, engine and machine)
- Resolve engineering issues using recognised methodologies such 8D, 5-whys, Is-Is not etc
- Write systems test and development technical reports for own responsible areas
- Support regular programme gateways and reviews providing technical progress update
- Support engineering sign-off with robust test and validation data and technical reports
- Provide clear communication and support to all stakeholders (customers, engineering teams and suppliers):
- Coordination with other functional areas, such as programme teams, purchasing, quality, other development teams
- Monitor and report status to relevant parties
- Highlight issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Supplier management:
- Work in a simultaneous engineering environment to support the development plan, ensuring design for manufacture and assembly.
- Manage suppliers via the APQP process
- Work with suppliers to deliver prototypes and PPAP parts to schedule, meeting quality and performance requirements.
- Communicate lessons learned; propose design guide/process updates.
In addition to a passion for engineering, a proven track record of delivery, and a desire to be 'hands-on' with projects from concept to completion, the candidates will:
- Have a degree in an associated mechanical engineering discipline, with a sound understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles (showing an attention to detail, and being data driven).
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of commercially available 2D drawing and 3D Modelling package with knowledge of mechanical engineering GD&T and manufacturing processes
- Have a sound grasp of the engine product development cycle, and expertise in engine system and component specification, design, development and sign-off (using relevant tools)
- Demonstrate good project and supplier management skills, and good commercial awareness
- Be able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels
- Show flexibility - the role requires travel to customer and supplier sites