- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Assistant / Graduate Civil / Highway Engineer
Due to the increased workload, our client are seeking to recruit an Assistant Highways Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will work within the highways design team to assist with the design delivery of highways and drainage schemes.
Our client's Consulting's Highways teams impact the journeys of millions across the UK, by working in partnership with a range of clients and providing consultancy design services for Strategic and Local Highway networks.
As a multi-disciplined consultant, they have a diverse portfolio of confirmed works and are currently working on several high-profile schemes in Wales including the £1.9billion, 25 years, Wales & Borders rail network and South Wales Metro projects. Mumbles Coastal Protection Scheme in Swansea, WelTag Assessments and Active Travel Schemes.
As an Assistant Highways Civil Engineer you'll see your work from early design to the very end result, and every project will be different from the last. You'll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You'll have the opportunity to thrive and we'll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions.
In a typical week you will:
- Provide support to the Engineer and Senior Engineer within the design team on various design duties including:
- Feasibility and other technical reports
- Planning, programming and cost estimation
- Design production
- Produce design schedules
- Amend design drawings
- Support development of Graduate Engineers and Technicians
- Work to a programme to deliver specified designs on time
- Ensure innovation and best practice is highlighted and adopted where practicable
- Drive effective health and safety practices within your Team
- Be primarily office based but also carry out site visits with other team members
We want to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in an appropriate subject
- You have made progress towards the completion of a formal professional training programme with an appropriate professional body
- You can demonstrate experience and expertise within the relevant technical field, probably gained in a Graduate Engineer role or equivalent
- You can produce technically sound engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements, working under supervision
- You are experienced in following procedures associated with health, safety and welfare, e.g.Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- You can comply with technical governance procedures within a consulting engineering environment
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
We strongly encourage the development towards a professional qualification with a recognised Institution and pride ourselves on mentoring engineers. We can offer significant support towards Chartership, and you will be rewarded with a bonus of up to £5k on completion.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.