- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Technical Publications Author
Our air-defence client has an opportunity for a Technical Publications Author to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual with specialist skills and knowledge of Technical Publication project management and generation for a complex portfolio of products across the Air domain. This is a vital role in helping deliver its technical publications commitments all over the world.
What are we looking for?
- An Author experienced in the technical publication process to be an SME and actively participate in the publication process from initial planning through to development, status tracking and delivery of technical publication projects to customers both domestic and export.
- Using your experience, you will need to actively assist in the technical publication development process, authoring, the associated reports, quality reviews and eventual delivery to the highest quality, on time and on cost. Defining S1000D based project supporting documentation - assist in BREX (Business Rules Exchange), Guidance Document, CSDB (Common Source Data Base) setup and using authoring software like Abortext Editor.
- Liaise with product suppliers in support of technical publication data and technologies whilst maintaining personal and technical reports, records etc. of all technical publication activities to a high standard.
- Develop, propose and implement plans to integrate Technical Publications data and deliverables into the overall digital transformation strategy.
What's in it for you?
- You can help create and lead our project vision to make a mark on how documentation is planned, developed and delivered actively supporting as a technical expert where required.
- The role will require liaison with military and engineering communities thus offering plenty of variety. Technical Publication working group participation and Technology Development Workshops offer exciting opportunities to diversify the publication methods and impact on department improvements.
- An outstanding opportunity to work with the MoD and a wide variety of internal and external partners with excellent exposure to senior management and leadership within both organisations.
- An excellent opportunity to gain a strong knowledge of the customer environment.
- You will be embedded within a challenging programme and required to provide Technical Publication authoring assistance across the whole product lifecycle including active support where required on the cost and scope estimates for future work.
- Carry out initial technical publication studies, project plan set up and produce publication reports for the UK and overseas customers on status and progress when tasked in accordance with contractual and customer requirements and processes. Coordinate with Design Authority teams as required to signoff and deliver the publications.
- Liaise with Operator and Maintainer Instructors, Field Support Engineers and Integrated Logistic Support teams in Maintenance Task Analysis, Fault Diagnosis and System Descriptive tasks.
- Participate in developing, maintaining and modifying technical publication processes and procedures.
- Lead Technical Publication support and proving activities for products both in the field or customer depots/workshops (to include complex activities) as necessary and produce Development Plans, status trackers and supporting material in delivery of the technical publications to UK and overseas customers.