- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Project Manager - Embedded Software
Our client are a major aerospace technology business currently seeking a project or programme manager with extensive experience of embedded software projects in a safety critical environment.
We are looking for a Project or Program Manager to work as part of a software product group working on Real Time Embedded and Safety Critical Systems. Working closely with Software development and test teams, you will manage the full lifecycle (requirements, development, testing & through-life) on key programs. Motivating the whole team to deliver the business case and margins expected, you will be working on behalf of some major customers and the role is customer facing.
As a Project Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Deliver project to agreed time, cost and quality parameters.
- Direct motivate and provide leadership for the project team.
- Organise, coordinate and direct the project activities.
- Manage risks and issues proactively
- Ensure effective and open communication throughout the project team and with stakeholders.
- Lead the project teams planning efforts and Identify resource requirements based on agreed scope.
- Manage relationships with key customer personnel
As a Project Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience of overseeing real time and safety critical projects and strong understanding of these software niches.
- DO178B standards experience highly desirable.
- Real time and Safety Critical business experience essential (aerospace, defence, nuclear & rail highly desirable)
- APM or Prince 2 qualified
- Experience working in customer facing project teams
- Experience of managing CAT2 projects and working on CAT1 projects as Work Package Manager with the same or similar functions and technology, with a proven delivery track record.
- Sufficient knowledge of the functional disciplines and supply chain that require management.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of PPM techniques
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?