- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
We are looking for a number of Aerospace/Air Engineers to work onsite at DE&S based in Abbeywood.
Are you interested in working on some of the leading Defence Technical Projects and Programmes supporting our armed forces in current and future operations?
The DE&S Air Engineering Function is looking to fill a range of vacancies across multiple disciplines within technical fields of expertise. The organisation has a variety of opportunities; developing and supporting the next generation of Fighter and Transport aircraft, Helicopters and Surveillance aircraft and equipment.
We are looking to recruit and grow technical depth in the following areas:
* Avionics Engineering
* Software Engineering
* Security Accreditation
* Engineering Process and Policy
* Systems Engineering
* Engineering Management
* Design Assurance
* Risk & Safety Engineering
* Secure Communications
* Data Networks
* Radar Systems
* Imaging Systems
Candidates with Cyber and Platform Assurance Security experience are also highly desirable. Candidates with a broad variety of Aerospace experience across multiple disciplines/companies are highly desired. Breadth of experience is often more beneficial to this business as work will be across multiple areas rather specialised disciplines
Your role as an Engineering Manager / Technical Specialist:
In these roles you will be expected to be able to lead and advise on technical problem solving, coupled with appropriate management planning abilities to resolve complex engineering problems. You will need to lead and inspire a team in the definition of technical requirements, manage solution development and ensure compliance with the customers' requirements. The assignments are an integral interface to our supply base ensuring technical solutions meet the needs and requirements of the armed forces.
You may be required to provide detailed systems engineering support or manage technical risk in a specific phase of the acquisition lifecycle or both within an Engineering assignment. Elements of the assignment could see you leading system engineering, evaluation, performance verification and demonstrations related to your technical area; keeping abreast of developments and developing options, and opportunities for application within the business. The role may encompass planning, performance reporting, managing the development of business processes and the development of our people.
Please note that you may be considered for similar positions at the level below the advertised role.
In order to be successful you must have the following:
* Specific knowledge acquired by obtaining a technical/professional qualification and/or post graduate qualification, as well as in-depth relevant work experience
* Degree in Engineering/Science related discipline OR substantial equivalent work experience * Ability to deliver and lead within a technical project team * Provide evidence of dealing successfully with customers and clients to resolve complex issues
* Be registered with the Engineering Council as an Incorporated Engineer or show the ability to achieve registration within 12 months of appointment
* Ideally a full member of relevant Professional Engineering/Science Institute or equivalent body
* Substantial experience including operating as a manager in an organisation and breadth of technical experience. Project Management experience would be highly beneficial
If successful, as part of your role in a Professional II post at DE&S, you are expected to have some understanding of: * The Engineering Function structure and services and the part that the Engineering Manager Sub Function Plays
* The DE&S business (e.g. purpose, strategy, standards, regulatory constraints, structure, policy, processes, procedures and tools and their intent
* Existing and emerging trends related to their Engineering Function area (e.g. market, technology, techniques and regulatory trends).
* DE&S Engineering processes in order to delivery work as required
* Systems Engineering Approaches
* Front Line Command customers, their technical requirements and forward plan. Please be advised that most of these posts are restricted to Sole UK Nationals Only.
The salary is between £30,000-£45,000 per annum.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.