- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Head of Infrastructure & Operations
Head of Infrastructure & operations required to come in and review their opterations crticially and move them forward whilst embrasing cloud infrastrucutre. If this sort of challenge interests you, then please get in touch.
- Responsible for the line management of the Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) team (systems and storage, networking, databases, 1st/2nd line service desk, field support, and monitoring).
- A key focus of this position is to work with internal teams and third-party suppliers to own the governance and performance of IT systems and processes across Utilita ensuring the provision of robust, cost effective, scalable, fit-for-purpose services.
- Ensure that the activities of the I&O team are coordinated and communicated to meet the needs of the wider business and that I&O policies are processes are adopted across the organisation.
- Work with the Director of IT to provide leadership and direction for the I&O team and to provide strategic oversight of the function.
- Ensure the smooth running, resilience, availability and scalability of the business systems and technologies used by the business
- Design, implement and maintain reliable, performant, scalable and secure infrastructure platforms both on premise and cloud-based in line with the expectations of the business.
- Ownership of 1st / 2nd / 3rd line support functions related to networking & telecoms, servers and storage, databases and end user compute infrastructure.
- Fulfil line management responsibilities for the I&O team leads across multi-functional groups, such as approving leave requests, resource planning, conducting annual reviews and other performance appraisals, completing necessary admin to support these tasks.
- Ensure the smooth running of the I&O group on a day-to-day basis and constantly review the operating practices and structure within the function to ensure alignment with the wider business strategy.
- Work with IT peers to ensure that the I&O function can support the development, testing and release of new systems and functionality through the software release process. (Including, provision of suitable production and non-production environments, monitoring tools, automation, etc)
- Monitor resourcing levels within the I&O group and, in association with the Director of IT, act to ensure the group is sufficiently staffed through contract, permanent and third party resources as appropriate to meet the needs of the business.
- Arrange required training for group members to ensure that skills are regularly updated to leverage technologies and methodologies that can deliver competitive advantage to the business.
- Oversee the recruitment process for the different I&O teams, including liaising with external consultancies and conducting interviews.
- Liaise with stakeholders throughout the organisation to ensure the alignment and prioritisation of resource in line with business priorities.
- Participate in strategic company initiatives to help improve the standing of the company such as contributing to ISO standards certification and company job evaluations.
- Assume responsibilities of Director of IT during periods of holiday/absence (attend board meetings, handle escalations, etc.).
- Periodically evaluate partners, new technologies and processes to identify those that could benefit the business.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent professional qualification plus more than 5 years' experience in a hands-on infrastructure/operations role.
- Will need to be able to develop and maintain a broad understanding of the end-to-end business processes to ensure that areas where IT can deliver efficiency and quality improvements and deliver competitive advantage are identified and exploited.
- At least 5 years' experience of team leadership, management and/or mentoring staff in a senior management role, including work allocation, performance reviews and associated HR administrative tasks. Some of this experience should include leading multi-functional teams.
- At least 3 years working within the utilities or similar industry to be familiar with business processes and procedures.
- High level of business acumen and experience in aligning infrastructure to business requirements to deliver competitive advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business, especially at senior management/board level.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.