- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
DE&S Operations Manager L2
In this role you will support the delivery of the service in accordance with customer agreements by using demand, supply and project management skills and techniques
You will engage and support a diverse range of stakeholders and create rapport and buy-in to drive and to deliver outcomes in a way that identifies risks and recommends clear, viable mitigating actions. Your approach will be to listen, to understand and to respect the value of different views, ideas and ways of working, to make ongoing improvements to delivery while bringing your stakeholders on the journey with you.
You will need to be a self-starter with a proactive and continuous improvement mindset. Supporting teams, you will be expected to learn from experience and to encourage a culture of imaginative thinking, to challenge the status quo and to continually drive for improved quality. No two days will be quite the same; one may find you supporting a rolling, regular review of the requirements and Delivery plans that you have developed to ensure that delivery is on track. Another may involve meeting with your suppliers regarding specific issues and developing bespoke but scalable solutions that minimize service or capability downtime and control the costs associated with the support.
In addition, you will be required to hold a full driving licence to allow travel to remote sites. This could include, overnight stays and possibly weekly trips.
You will be responsible for:
* Contributing to the preparation and maintenance of the Service Delivery Plan, Transition to Service Plan or Through Life Support Plan depending on the platform or equipment's status in the CADMID cycle.
* Liaise with and connect to stakeholders including customers, suppliers and internal teams on specific issues and implement solutions that maximise platform availability for mimimum through-life cost through collaboration with technical and engineering colleagues to meet the requirements agreed in the Command Acquisition Support Plan (CASP).
* Contribute to the drafting, tender process and assessment of tenders, and monitor the performance of suppliers in terms of the quality, timeliness and reliability of goods and/or services to ensure agreed contractual obligations are met. * Assist in the implementation of change to requirements in response to cost and time pressures to ensure delivery to the customer meets expectations.
* Aid in investigating where the required KPIs are not being achieved to the required quality, standard or timescales, and help to identify the issues and take appropriate action.
* Assist in supervising resources, monitoring actual spend and updating forecasts accordingly to ensure the integrated support meets customer requirements fully within the agreed budget.
* Apply agreed governance arrangements for the delivery of the service, aligned with iLog best practice and KPI's.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Experience working in a delivery environment at an operational level within one of the OM or associated disciplines (PM, SCM, Eng, TTLS, Commercial) within a large, complex organisation.
* You will be a quick learner and able to work individually and as part of a team.
* Experience of working in fast paced role with internal/external stakeholder engagement.
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Hold an APMP qualification
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
* Managing support, supplier and customer networks
* Enhancing Service Support systems
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
* Making effective decisions
* Managing a quality service
About your team
The Integrated Logistics (iLog) Function is the integrating Function for Support within DE&S, responsible for the development, management and delivery of in-service support for our front-line command customers. The iLog Function consists of around 2,900 personnel, both civil servants and military, and with a wide range of disciplines ranging from operations management and supply chain management, technical through-life support and logistics delivery, to modelling and analysis and internal continuous improvement consultancy services.
Roles shuts on Sunday 1st November
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.