- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Would you love the opportunity to work on some of the UK's leading Defence Technical Projects and Programmes, supporting our Armed Forces in current and future operations?
Are you fascinated by cutting edge weapon technology and excited by the chance to work first hand with rocket launch systems, laser technology, fire control systems, targeting software and light guns?
DE&S are offering the exciting opportunity for a candidate who has an interest to become a Weapons Engineer to join their team. You will become the focal point and the customer's first choice, for independent safety and suitability for service advice and guidance. This will cover all areas of Ordnance, Munitions, Explosives and Lasers, across Air, Land and Sea domains. This is a specialist role and an ideal opportunity for a candidate with OME awareness and knowledge to develop new and exciting skills. If you have these attributes, combined with a talent for communicating, influencing and embracing change, then please do not hesitate to apply. If successful in this position, you will be required to support the definition of technical requirements, the management of solution development, and ensuring compliance with customer requirements. You will be influential in resolving technical complex engineering problems, demonstrating your knowledge and experience in engineering projects. This role will encompass elements of planning, performance reporting, and the development of people on specific assignments within the Land Domain. As a result, you will enhance your skills and subject matter knowledge to help DE&S ensure that the armed forces can operate in the most demanding environments. Please be advised that due to the nature of security, this role is reserved for UK Nationals only.
*Deliver advice and guidance regarding the Safety and Suitability for Service of OME systems. This could include trial plans, design changes, assurance statements and much more.
* Keep up to date with OME developments, options, and opportunities for application within the business, and provide advice on the application of existing OME technologies to new or different uses.
* Provide guidance on OME Safety Management Systems,
* Ensure that DE&S and other MOD customers comply with statutory and MOD regulations, safety standards and best practice, in relation to the management of their Explosives Facilities, Military Laser Systems and associated activities as part of their business
* Provide assurance to DE&S and the Regulator by supporting the safety review panel, providing objective, evidence-based independent assurance on OME safety /safety management to enable delivery teams to assess and manage OME Safety risk.
What you will be assessed against To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Relevant Level 4 (or higher) qualification or equivalent experience
* Knowledge and awareness of OME
* Experience of providing technical advice and delivery of successful engineering outcomes
The closing date for application is Sunday 29th November.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.