- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Air Platform Safety Manager
Are you passionate about the defence of the United Kingdom, with a good moral compass and a drive to protect people?
Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) are actively recruiting for Safety Engineers who are really looking to make a difference as intelligent decision makers, integral to supporting our Armed Forces.
The Air team are looking for safety professional with drive, resilience and ambition. You will work to provide safety support to teams throughout the equipment and platform acquisition lifecycle, which may span requirement setting in the concept phase and design, through to in-service support of our current platforms and their eventual disposal. This specific role is in the A400M delivery team, providing in-service safety management, with responsibility for dealing with in-service events affecting platform equipment safety. You will be the main interface with the Engineering Authority, monitoring in-service faults and events, the solutions and mitigations applied to any equipment failures, and the analysis of fault trends.
In-service occurrences can be initiated by many means and, if the Engineering Authority are not able to rule out that there is no impact to the safety of the platform or the environment, then it is the role of the Safety Manager to conduct a safety assessment to identify if the occurrence may have an impact on the risk assessment or management. Safety is central to our culture and, as a Safety Manager, you will be a key influencer for the Chief Engineer, Delivery Team Leader, OC Director and Air Systems Duty Holders.
Responsibilities for Air Platform Safety Manager
As the A400M Safety Manager, you will implement and maintain appropriate safety systems through the application of DE&S policy. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
* Managing and maintaining an effective in-service safety management system, ensuring compliance with Military Aviation Authority regulation and DE&S policy, and following recognised best practice
* Reviewing and trending of occurrence reports, and making safety recommendations to the Type Airworthiness Authority, to support continued airworthiness of A400M
* Maintaining the Type Airworthiness Safety Assessments and managing safety governance processes and meetings (e.g. air equipment safety reviews and the Project Safety & Environmental Panel)
* Providing safety subject matter advice in key internal safety and environmental meetings, e.g. Integrity Working Groups, Local Technical Committee, Configuration Control Board, Hazard Working Group, and Hazard Review Meeting
* Providing safety subject matter support to the Duty Holder safety meetings and Occurrence Report Review.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application, you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will have experience as a leader in an engineering safety role within the aviation sector
* You will hold a minimum of a Level 4 (e.g. HNC) qualification in a relevant engineering or science discipline, or demonstrate extensive equivalent working experience
* You will hold minimum of Incorporated Engineer (IEng) status, or demonstrate the ability to achieve this within 12 months of starting the post
* You will have experience facilitating hazard assessments
* You will demonstrate experience of producing safety assessments for complex aero systems
It would benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Demonstration of meeting System Safety Competences (SYSSAF) 1 to 5
* Experience in the use of RESOLVE (airworthiness issues management database)
* Experience in the use of eCassandra
* Experience in the use of BowTie XP (or similar)
* Experience in the use of FaultTree+ (or similar)
* Experience in the use of the Adelard Air Systems Safety Case Environment tool
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Compliance with Safety Policy (Practitioner)
* Complies with System Safety requirements (Practitioner)
* Communicating and influencing
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee's ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers..
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.