- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Project Manager
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition.
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces to deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience on the job market and in their career progression. We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our workforce as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities.
You will be based out of the location listed above in the advert, however, DE&S supports Smarter working, which empowers you to make decisions about when, where and how you work.
Are you a high performing Project Manager? Are you used to delivering complex projects? DE&S have an opportunity to become part of the Strategic Enablers (SE) domain. SE delivers a wide range of capabilities to the Royal Navy, the Army and the Royal Air Force as well as Strategic Command.
Within the integrated Battlespace Operating Centre, the Air Defence and Electronic Warfare Systems Delivery Team (ADEWS DT) is based at RAF Henlow and is responsible for a variety of projects and in-service support in the area of air defence radar, radios, antennas structures and radomes and specialist electronic warfare facilities.
If successful, you will be expected to manage complex projects addressing unpredictable situations, whilst also influencing acquisition strategy and aligning projects to our organisational vision and objectives.
Candidates should be aware that, under the Defence Estate Optimisation Strategy, RAF Henlow has been identified as a site for release. Further information will be made available as it becomes available.
- Accountable for establishing, leading and managing high performing multi-disciplinary teams and setting project, change programme, or Order Book Item (OBI) direction across all Functions to deliver agreed outcomes
- Deliver agreed outcomes within associated sub-portfolios or complex projects
- Responsible for supporting an open, honest, no blame culture. Actively discussing failures and shortfalls positively and drawing through LFE and enacting mitigations and engaging with PM Function to mitigate wider occurrence
- Accountable for the successful delivery of assigned projects along with supporting documentation and within the specified performance, cost and time parameters. This includes ensuring the most cost-effective means of delivery whilst mitigating risk
- Responsible for embedding and adhering to all governance and policy and enabling compliance throughout own team, ensuring appropriate challenge and gaining approval to deviate when necessary
- Agree the objective, requirements and the means of acceptance with the customer in line with the MoD's Operating Model and Defence Lines of Development
- Drive the timely establishment of contracts with Commercial Officers to enable the required contractual contribution from industry. Deliver project requirements, sustain and leverage value through the monitoring and management of contract performance against commitments (product and services) and meet our own obligations under the contract
- Responsible for meeting budgets within all In-Year and longer-term accounting periods for the Equipment Procurement Plan (EPP), Equipment Support Plan (ESP) and Operational Expenditure (OpEx). Ensuring that the wider financial (and resource) profiles are driven from the activities in the project schedule and the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Accountable for ensuring that the wider financial (and resource) profiles are adhered to
- Lead the construction (through the Project Controls Function) of the Performance Measurement Baseline for the project/portfolio
- Champion career management and proactively support the wider development of the PM community.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Significant experience of leading and managing a project management team delivering complex portfolio projects
- Experience of building and maintaining a network of key stakeholders, including suppliers
It would benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- APM Project Management Qualification, Member of APM, Managing Successful Programmes, Prince2 or a relevant post graduate qualification e.g. MSc Project Management
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Acquisition Project Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Seeing the big picture
- Communicating and influencing
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.