- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Nuclear Infrastructure Engineer
Engineers from other disciplines with appropriate experience may also be considered.
As the Nuclear Infrastructure Engineer, you will join the Devonport Infrastructure team at HMNB Devonport, and utilise your Engineering proficiency to provide engineering expertise to execute delivery of the civil scope of work and the development of the Facility Nuclear Safety Case. The FLEET22 project has been established to ensure the facilities at Devonport Dockyard continue to meet the demands of the UK Submarine programme for the next 50 years and beyond and is at the forefront of Civil Nuclear Infrastructure work being undertaken on-site.
If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our national security then we want to hear from you.
Please note that due to the nature of the projects involved, this role is open to sole UK nationals only.
You will be responsible for providing the SDA technical input to the project across multiple engineering disciplines; the scope of work includes construction, civil, mechanical and electrical systems and facilities, and the generation of a nuclear facility safety case.
You will monitor and oversee [as the client representative] the programme delivery, in particular, the progression of the technical scope from concept, scheme and detailed design through build, commissioning and integration. You will use your strong communication skills to provide technical input at interface meetings with the supplier and various key stakeholders, whilst maintaining regular contact with the design, safety management and delivery teams on and off site.
The responsibilities of this post will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Performing technical design reviews of Facility systems improvements
* Monitoring on/off site delivery of the design programme and subsequent build, commissioning and integration of cross discipline mechanical, electrical and civil engineering systems
* Providing SDA intelligent customer input to project reviews and interface meetings
The successful candidate needs to be a willing and strong challenger of the outputs during the design stages and behave as the 'eyes and ears' on site during construction/installation to ensure the supplier continues to deliver to the customer requirements and agreed outputs.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Hold a Level 4 (e.g. HNC, or higher) qualification in a relevant Engineering subject - construction/civil, mechanical, electrical or systems (recognised engineering), or have equivalent relevant experience
* Have experience of working within a high complexity/high hazard industry where safety is a formal priority
* Have engineering 'onsite' experience during construction/build activity, such as construction or maintenance
* Be experienced with working within a highly regulated environment
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Nuclear safety case requirements
* Demonstrable stakeholder management experience
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Improve Engineering Capability
* Technical Decision Making
* Communicating and influencing
* Changing and improving
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Whilst you will be based out of the listed location, SDA promotes Smarter working, which provides flexibility over where work is carried out whilst ensuring organisational outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently. We adopt an 'attend for a purpose' approach in relation to visits to site.
Simply click on the apply button to create an account and upload your CV. Your application will go through several stages of assessment which are outlined below:
1. Pre-sift - We will check that you meet any essential or eligibility criteria that are listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
2. Sift - Your CV will be assessed against the following categories, using a simple numerical scoring system:
* Key Achievements * Relevant Experience * Applied Knowledge and Skills
3. Interview - If you are invited to interview, you will be assessed against the Sift categories listed above, as well as the technical competencies and behaviours listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK nationals only.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.