- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
As a dynamic and enthusiastic engineer, you will be responsible for developing software engineering packages to support the UK's fleet of submarines.
You will use your expertise to provide advice and guidance on project delivery, liaising with key internal and external stakeholders and offering assurance of software for our equipment and products.
Due to the nature of security, this role is reserved for sole UK nationals only. The requirements of the post will include some travel within the UK.
As a senior Engineer, you will manage software engineering technical requirements, including software development, production, certification and release into service. The responsibilities of this post will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Managing the engineering requirements and acceptance
* Overseeing the development of software to meet the Customers' requirements
* Engineering risk management
* Overseeing the development of test plans and processes and their implementation
* Assessing acceptance, certification and release of software
You will manage quality and software assurance in accordance with policy and procedures and ensure technical risks are understood and managed. Your exceptional communication skills will offer all of the above services across multiple activities, ensuring that any solutions or recommendations offered are understood and appropriately executed.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Hold a relevant Level 4 (e.g. HNC, or higher) qualification in a Software, Engineering or Computer Science related discipline, or have equivalent experience
* Be a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer, or have demonstrated equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
* Have wide ranging depth and breadth of technical experience in own specialism with knowledge and application of Systems Engineering approaches
* Have stakeholder management experience
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Knowledge of, or experience from within a submarine environment
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Requirements, Evaluation & Acceptance
* Technical Risk Management
* Communicating and influencing
* Changing and improving
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Whilst you will be based out of the listed location, SDA promotes Smarter working, which provides flexibility over where work is carried out whilst ensuring organisational outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently. We adopt an 'attend for a purpose' approach in relation to visits to site.
Please refer to the Civil Service Pensions Retirement Modeller to get an indication of the benefits you may receive from your Civil Service Pension, when you come to retire.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage and welcome applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and a working environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
Selection process details
Simply click on the apply button to create an account and upload your CV. Your application will go through several stages of assessment which are outlined below:
1. Pre-sift - We will check that you meet any essential or eligibility criteria that are listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
2. Sift - Your CV will be assessed against the following categories, using a simple numerical scoring system:
* Key Achievements * Relevant Experience * Applied Knowledge and Skills
3. Interview - If you are invited to interview, you will be assessed against the Sift categories listed above, as well as the technical competencies and behaviours listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK nationals only.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.