- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food and ammunition
At Defence Equipment & Support we have an opportunity for you as a Project Manager to join our Air Defence and Electronic Warfare Systems (ADEWS) Team, based out of RAF Henlow.
In this progressive and dynamic opportunity, you will work on a variety of projects in the area of air defence radar, radios, antennas, structures and radomes and specialist electronic warfare facilities. This role offers a ranging portfolio of projects, including working hand-in-hand with industry, wider projects teams, and alongside our military personnel, on anything from acquisition, modifications and support projects.
You will be supported to develop your skills and experience of leadership and delivering successful outcomes as you further your knowledge in defence.
As a Project Manager your responsibilities will include:
* Accountability for the delivery of project outputs within the performance/cost/time envelope for a semi-complex project, multiple simple projects or complex control accounts
* Ensuring the most cost-effective and efficient means of delivery, whilst mitigating risk and leveraging opportunities
* Leading the construction (through engaging with Project Controls) of the Performance Measurement Baseline for the control account
* Regularly meeting the customer to understanding the objective, requirements and the means of acceptance in line with the Ministry of Defence Operating Model
* Embedding and adhering to all governance and policy and enable the required compliance throughout the team, ensuring appropriate challenge and gain approval to deviate when necessary
* Sustaining and leveraging value through the monitoring and management of contract performance against commitments (product and services) meeting obligations under the contract
* Supporting an open, honest, no blame culture. Actively highlighting failures and shortfalls positively and drawing through learning from experience into the project or control account
Under the Defence Estate Optimisation Strategy, RAF Henlow has been identified as a site for release. Further information will be made available as it becomes available.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Experience of leading and managing a project management team delivering semi-complex projects
* Experience working across a multi-functional team
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Controlling a Project
* Stakeholder Management
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Controlling a Project
* Stakeholder Management
* Making effective decisions
* Working together
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Whilst you will be based out of the listed location, DE&S promotes Smarter working, which provides flexibility over where work is carried out whilst ensuring organisational outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently. We adopt an 'attend for a purpose' approach in relation to visits to site.
Find out more about what DE&S offers by clicking here. Please refer to the Civil Service Pensions Retirement Modeller to get an indication of the benefits you may receive from your Civil Service Pension, when you come to retire.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage and welcome applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and a working environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
About your team
The Project Management Function provides a pipeline of project professionals to deliver our complex programme of work. The breadth of what our Project Managers do, means a career with us gives you a fantastic level of variety and a genuine ability to develop your project management career. From developing the nation's future submarines to acquiring armoured vehicles, our work is at the forefront of fast-paced, cutting-edge project delivery.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.