- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Are you passionate about the defence of the United Kingdom and fascinated by innovative technology, with a good moral compass and a drive to protect people?
we, at Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S), are actively recruiting Engineers for specific appointment within our cutting-edge Remotely Piloted Air Systems (RPAS) teams.
As a Professional Engineer within RPAS, you could find yourself supporting our Protector programme, as a key member of the Watchkeeper team, or specialising in the latest Flexible Tactical Uncrewed Air Systems. You will work hand in hand with our industry partners as an integral part of the expanding Engineering team across a range of system, mechanical, avionics and software disciplines. Your work will support the delivery of cutting-edge technology for all of our military customers (Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and Army), delivering urgent and critical operational output.
In joining DE&S, you are joining the force behind the UK Armed Forces, with unparalleled career opportunities throughout the UK and beyond. If you are seeking a challenging role and the chance to make a real difference in supporting our Armed Forces, apply today!
These posts will allow you to base yourself out of a variety of locations, including MOD Abbey Wood, RAF Waddington, RAF Marham, RNAS Culdrose, or Larkhill Camp.
Please note that due to their secure nature, these posts require full Security Clearance (SC) and are open to UK nationals (sole or dual) only.
As an RPAS Engineer with DE&S, you will establish effective relationships with stakeholders, helping to ensure minimal operation impacts to front-line operations. Depending on your background and experience responsibilities could include:
* Contributing to and delivering elements of the Engineering Management Plan
* Ensuring technical risks are understood and managed
* Participating in the identification, selection, evaluation, performance verification and demonstration within their technical area
* Development and maintenance of system requirements including in-service support
* Managing engineering technical requirements (definition, architecture, integration, contract assessment and change management
* Participating in design reviews, safety management and safety case activities
* Ensuring compliance with regulatory policies and engineering procedures
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will hold Professionally Registered status at minimum IEng, or will demonstrate the equivalent knowledge, skills and experience and be willing/able to achieve this within 6 months
* You will hold a minimum of a Level 4 (e.g. HNC) qualification in a relevant Engineering/Science subject or will demonstrate equivalent experience
* You will have experience of providing technical advice in the delivery of successful engineering outcomes
* You will demonstrate a technical experience from within the Aviation sector, with knowledge and application of Systems Engineering and Air Regulations (from within either a civil or military environment)
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Requirements, Evaluation & Acceptance (Supervised Practitioner)
* Technical Risk management ((Supervised Practitioner)
* Making effective decisions
* Communicating and influencing
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Whilst you will be based out of the listed location, DE&S promotes Smarter working, which provides flexibility over where work is carried out whilst ensuring organisational outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently. We adopt an 'attend for a purpose' approach in relation to visits to site.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage and welcome applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and a working environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
About your team
Cutting-edge engineering and science is a critical component in delivering modern, battle-winning technologies to all branches of the armed forces. Engineering is the largest business area within DE&S - and it's one of the most fulfilling too. From managing technical risks, engineering resources and services, to defining and assuring best practice, our engineers are exemplars both within DE&S and our industry partners and professional bodies.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.