- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Equipment Support Manager
Defence Equipment & Support offer challenging and interesting careers with a sense of pride and purpose. Join our Through Life Support Engineering team and you'll find yourself a role where your voice is heard and your impact is felt.
As an Equipment Engineer in an Equipment Support Manager role, you'll be working on high-profile support projects and playing a key part in providing support solutions and improvements for frontline users and maintainers. You may have already worked in Defence, or perhaps your experience lies in the Engineering, Transportation or Automotive industry. No matter what your background, if you have the skills in project support, support engineering, or equipment maintenance, we want to hear from you. Likewise, individuals who can logically understand and identify the maintenance factors in supporting equipment when deployed on military training and operations are equally suited.
This opportunity will give you direct influence in how our UK Armed Forces manage, operate, maintain, diagnose, repair and sustain equipment capability, at affordable through life cost. You'll also be providing support to the Support TLSE lead to enable our front-line customers to keep their equipment operational and available. This involves monitoring maintenance and failure trends, coordinating suppliers and stakeholders in determining the root causes of effects. You'll provide the decision intelligence to restore and improve the logistic support effect, including producing and reviewing equipment/product modification change requests, updating technical information, recommending changes to spares, training, tools, infrastructure and/or logistic support processes for the end-to-end support chain.
This role is key in coordinating the delivery of support services to ensure reliable and maintainable equipment and products are provided to our front-line customers. Supporting you in your career development, we'll provide you with training, assistance and guidance enabling you to help sustain equipment/product support and to respond to changes and trends. Using legislation, obsolescence, and user requirements, you will ensure innovative support solutions for some of the most complex and cutting-edge technology used by the UK Armed Forces are continually improved.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be to:
* Contribute to Post Design Services task requests to suppliers as part modification changes to equipment/products, covering the TLSE input to cater for changes to maintenance procedures and investments in tools, test equipment, software, technical documentation, publications, spares, transportation, facilities, infrastructure and warehousing
* Assist in the Product/Equipment Support Policy on behalf of the front-line customer, by coordinating in-service support stakeholder reviews on the in-service Supportability Case
* Coordinate the Failure/Data Reporting Analysis & Corrective Actions Systems monitoring failure through to successful resolution and closure of the reported incident
* Assist in the management of obsolescence emerging risks, including monitoring supplier's performance against the contracted obsolescence service, providing updates to technical information, such as hazard data for informing the disposal plan
* Assist in the management of the technical documentation coordinating updates with engineering, supply chain, suppliers and front-line customer
* Mentoring and guiding of junior staff and assist colleagues in maintaining effective support
Due to security requirements, some of the posts are reserved for Sole UK Nationals only and some will require more in-depth security checks (Developed Vetting).
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* The ability and knowledge to interpret technical information within contractual arrangements
* Able to problem solve and analyse multiple sources of data to make improvements
* Able to communicate effectively to influence decision making
* The ability to manage suppliers by having knowledge or understanding of the factors that are needed to sustain equipment/products. This includes suggesting actions that help maintain the integrity of the customer service
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* An understanding of systems engineering promoting change to improve reliability and maintainability of equipment
* Experience and/or understanding on how to apply the Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) principles in a project, such as consideration of how the equipment's; facilities, services, tools, spares and manpower affect equipment operational availability at affordable cost
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
* UK nationals
* nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
* nationals of the Republic of Ireland
* nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
* relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
* relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
* certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.