- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
We employ over 2000 people and have an annual spend of c. £3.5 billion.
Would you be interested in being a part of one the UK's leading, most exciting Defence projects? The Royal Navy's Submarine Service has operated the UK's Nuclear Deterrent every hour of every day for nearly 50 years, protecting our nation from extreme threats. The Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) are looking for Nuclear Engineers, to help them deliver the latest additions to this deterrent. You will be working in the Nuclear Propulsion team, designing new submarines or those currently under construction.
Due to the nature of security, these roles are reserved for sole UK nationals only.
In these posts, you will act as Engineering Lead and Subject Matter Expert to oversee design, development and delivery of systems and equipment for Primary or Secondary propulsion. The responsibilities of these posts will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Liaising with Approving Authorities and Suppliers and managing acquisition safety aspects
* Leading industrial partners, defining workscope and tracking performance
* Managing risks to achieving Performance, Cost and Time targets
* Providing technical advice and guidance to key stakeholders
* Identifying and pursuing opportunities, including the associated scope and engineering change control
* You will be responsible for monitoring and implementing changes in any governance and assurance policies and procedures, to ensure the 'safe and professional' status of your area
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Hold a relevant Level 4 (e.g. HNC, or higher) qualification in an Engineering discipline, or have equivalent relevant experience
* Be a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer, or has demonstrated equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
* Have wide ranging depth and breadth of technical experience in own specialism with knowledge and application of Engineering approaches
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Experience working in a regulated environment
* Experience from within a nuclear or submarine environment
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Requirements, Evaluation and Acceptance
* Technical Decision Making
* Communicating and influencing
* Changing and improving
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Whilst you will be based out of the listed location, SDA promotes Smarter working, which provides flexibility over where work is carried out whilst ensuring organisational outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently. We adopt an 'attend for a purpose' approach in relation to visits to site.
Open to UK nationals only. You will be required to go through Security Clearance.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.