- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
We employ over 2000 people and have an annual spend of c. £3.5 billion.
Would you be interested in being a part of one the UK's leading, most exciting Defence projects?
The Royal Navy's Submarine Service has operated the UK's Nuclear Deterrent every hour of every day for nearly 50 years, protecting our nation from extreme threats. The SDA are looking for a Nuclear Engineer, to help oversee and support core-manufacturing operations on site at Rolls-Royce Raynesway.
As Nuclear Engineer, you will ensure that decisions affecting the manufacturing of the current nuclear manufacturing facilities are compliant with requirements. Utilising your expertise, you will support the programme to enhance Submarine Reactor Plant capability by managing milestone and targets agreed with the customer.
For security reasons, this role is reserved for sole UK nationals only.
The responsibilities of this post will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Monitoring and assessing the progress and material state of each core component through the fabrication and assembly processes
* Assessing the material state of the manufacturing capability at Rolls-Royce Raynesway, assessing and advising on technical issues, including their impact on the ability to meet the design intent and the implications on nuclear and conventional site safety cases
* Assessing proposed modifications and providing technical assessment and recommendations to the project manager
* Supporting Rolls-Royce as the site licensee to meet regulatory requirements
* Supporting the implementation of technical governance arrangements for the project
* Working collaboratively with the project manager to deliver the project scope to budget and schedule requirements and manage delegated aspects of the project risk portfolio
We support ongoing development and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to attend a range of nuclear specific training courses.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Hold a Level 4 (e.g. HNC or higher) qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline, or have significant relevant experience
* Be a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer, or have demonstrated equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
* Experience of providing technical advice and leading the delivery of successful engineering outcomes
* Wide ranging depth and breadth of technical experience in own specialism with knowledge and application of Engineering approaches
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Experience working in a regulated industry, such as nuclear, chemical, maritime, defence, oil & gas, or similar
* Experience working in the submarine environment
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Improve Engineering Capability
* Technical Requirements, Evaluation and Acceptance
* Communicating and influencing
* Changing and improving
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Whilst you will be based out of the listed location, SDA promotes Smarter working, which provides flexibility over where work is carried out whilst ensuring organisational outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently. We adopt an 'attend for a purpose' approach in relation to visits to site.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.